Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Absolutely. I turn the radio if that song comes on. I once walked out of Baja Beach Club when they played it.

You have to draw the line somewhere. What's next, using Mayflower Moving Company to move my belongings?

There are simply some lines that can't be crossed.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything in this post. :thumbsup1:

He gave a goodbye awhile back. Basically, he wanted to focus his life on other things and thought it was better to break away clean. At least, that's what I got out of it. I got off to a really tough start with that guy but he was a truly exceptional poster. I wish him well.

I think there was more to it than that. I forget the thread, but LJ took offense to more than a few people referring to him as JTrea.

I think there was more to it than that. I forget the thread, but LJ took offense to more than a few people referring to him as JTrea.

It had little to nothing to do with that. Had to do with where he is in life.

Seemed odd is all because it was around that time. I remember looking forward to his analysis of Tillman every time he pitched before he was called up last year.

It had little to nothing to do with that. Had to do with where he is in life.

He's a poet. And he is writing again. He won a national poetry award with a previous book. Here is a review of it.

This book jangles and pops, spins yarn and b.s. at an almost equal ratio, and is possessed of one of the purest, most complex, and thoroughly analyzed hearts (a word that is used in nearly every poem)I have encountered in a first book. It manages, through its mastery of a number of formal and situational techniques, to read variously and never seem fomulaic, yet stays in a remarkably close orbit around its core: the desire to communicate in the face of loss (of love; of the loss of true knowledge the accumulation and overflow of trivial knowledge accompanies). And yes, it approaches sentimentality, but it is this freedom to feel that seems somehow so new in these poems.
What is the first poem you ever loved? Why?

Well, the first poem that I ever loved was “Casey At The Bat”. I even wrote a sequel to it in seventh grade (who can resist a line like ‘the former was a puddin’ & the latter was a fake’?). The reason for that was, of course, my inexhaustible love of all things baseball. A love so strong that I was disappointed to find out Catcher in the Rye wasn’t about some prairie-born signal-caller.

Edited by weams

That's good to hear. I really didn't care for Rshack's schtick or Maybe 2050, but guys like Old fan and JTrea really didn't bother me. Like you said, I actually found oldfan pretty funny.

Sammy Birdland and Allstar were good ones, though I don't think either was banned.

My bad on assuming Birdland was banned, just noticed his absence and since he contributed high comedy to the thread which still makes me shoot drinks through my nose so good, I miss him!

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/111390-Lets-say-the-Baseball-Gods-come-over-to-your-house-for-a-game-on-the-old-HD

I do hope the offer of posters returning is met with as it is intended. Let's talk ball and enjoy the convo....just my two cents...

My bad on assuming Birdland was banned, just noticed his absence and since he contributed high comedy to the thread which still makes me shoot drinks through my nose so good, I miss him!

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/111390-Lets-say-the-Baseball-Gods-come-over-to-your-house-for-a-game-on-the-old-HD

I do hope the offer of posters returning is met with as it is intended. Let's talk ball and enjoy the convo....just my two cents...

That clip of GC Scott is hillarious. It does say released next to his name though.

I thought oldfan was always proclaiming that Markakis would never be an all-star.

I hope jtrea doesn't come back. I thought he brought every thread down with the same drivel, over and over again. I wish I could figure out how to find the videos I made that got him so pissed off a couple of times, though.