Moose Milligan

Httr

This was my favorite. JDubs has as many bad takes in this thread as OldFan had in the following thread.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/62349-What-I-was-just-told

Sunday's result couldn't have happened to a more deserving Ravens troll.

:) Watch out CC he negative reps when you tell him how he is actually seen. Then talks third person in his comments, It will be something like you don't call jdub a troll, Jdub is not a troll and its against the rules to call jdubs a troll.

Edited by xKHx

So does that mean Redskins fans can start going into the Ravens forum and digging up old posts to show where Ravens fans were wrong? Cool.......

But, since we're in the Redskins forum, at least all of us won't have to see Ray-Ray doing his "motivational" dance on the sidelines anymore with an imported piece of grass-sod that he rubs all over his body like it's soap and tosses up into the air like it's a bouquet and he's a bride.

Get back to us when the Browns, I mean Ravens, have been to 5 Super Bowls and won 3 in just a 10 year span.

Oh, and London Fletcher is just as every bit as goof of a LB as Ray-Ray was. Minus all the legal-mumbo-jumbo and deer-antler nonsense. :laughlol:

Redskins fans are so funny.

London Fletcher isn't good enough to sniff Ray's sweaty from dancing jock.

And get back to me when the Redskins average a Super Bowl win every 8 years.

• Upvote 1

As someone noted earlier, Skins fans have this inflated ego of their team and it's place in the NFL hierarchy. Washington has been a good franchise overall but they aren't on the level of Green Bay, or Pittsburgh, or San Fran, or Dallas or the Giants. Not even the Bears if you're including pre SB era.

Bottom line ...... Washington has 5(2 pre SB era, 3 SB titles) NFL CHampionships. Baltimore teams have 5(2 pre SB titles, 3 SB titles) as well.

Edited by ccbird

So does that mean Redskins fans can start going into the Ravens forum and digging up old posts to show where Ravens fans were wrong? Cool.......

But, since we're in the Redskins forum, at least all of us won't have to see Ray-Ray doing his "motivational" dance on the sidelines anymore with an imported piece of grass-sod that he rubs all over his body like it's soap and tosses up into the air like it's a bouquet and he's a bride.

Get back to us when the Browns, I mean Ravens, have been to 5 Super Bowls and won 3 in just a 10 year span.

Oh, and London Fletcher is just as every bit as goof of a LB as Ray-Ray was. Minus all the legal-mumbo-jumbo and deer-antler nonsense. :laughlol:

1991 was a long time ago. Five years before the Browns moved to Baltimore. And yet we've got 2 rings since 1996. You've got...nothing.

Were you even born before 1991?

And did you have fun seeing that purple confetti rain down after the Super Bowl? I know I did....I was there, too.

Get back to work.

When they are designed runs, he will take more hits than when he is just scrambling off a broken play. He took a lot of big hits this year, I am sure you watched plenty of Redskins football this year to see that. If he takes that many hits each year, he is going to get hurt each year. Something needs to change in the offensive approach so he can be protected.

If he is such a great pocket passer, they can do without the read-option or at least use it less. You might lose a little bit of Morris' effectiveness, but at least you can have a healthy QB for the entire season. He is the key to success moving forward. If I were a fan of the team, I would want that.

That actually wasn't the case at all this year. The big hits he took this year were when plays broke down, he scrambled, and tried to do too much. The change needs to be him learning the difference between getting "enough" and going for it all on those kinds of plays.

As someone noted earlier, Skins fans have this inflated ego of their team and it's place in the NFL hierarchy. Washington has been a good franchise overall but they aren't on the level of Green Bay, or Pittsburgh, or San Fran, or Dallas or the Giants. Not even the Bears if you're including pre SB era.

Bottom line ...... Washington has 5(2 pre SB era, 3 SB titles) NFL CHampionships. Baltimore teams have 5(2 pre SB titles, 3 SB titles) as well.

So now we're going to make sweeping generalizations about a fan base while ignoring the common stereotypes of the Ravens' fan base - because when those are highlighted in the Ravens forum, collective angst and outrage ensues? To make you happy, Skins fans will now stop being so passionate about their team and make sure to qualify every statement about their past, present, and future with the correct historical context.

I'm glad the Ravens won. I root for them every game they play (outside of games against the Skins). But this wait-until-you-win-the-SB-to-climb-on-your-pedestal nonsense is more or less what I'd expect from a fan base like that in Boston.

Edited by Dr. FLK

We've already had this discussion. You're the one who decided to bring it back up.

Fletcher's stats are testament to him being a good LB. I'm not saying he isn't. His ability to stay healthy is also impressive.

It's very fitting that Frobby's post was the last one on the "Fletcher Redskins MVP" thread...

The football equivalent of BB-ref has a stat that is their measure of the overall value of a player, called "approximate value" ("AV"). I have no idea how it is calculated, and can't really vouch for it. But by that measure, it's not close at all. Ray Lewis is 7th all time in career AV (218), while London Fletcher is in 209th place (120). http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../av_career.htm

Take that for what it's worth, but I'd argue that evaluation is close to what the general public thinks. And I am not a Ravens fan.

• Upvote 1

Ok, just like Redskins fans should not be trolling the Ravens section, Ravens fans should not be trolling the Redskins forum. This is their place and they can say all the nasty things they want about every other team including the Ravens in this forum.

Ok, just like Redskins fans should not be trolling the Ravens section, Ravens fans should not be trolling the Redskins forum. This is their place and they can say all the nasty things they want about every other team including the Ravens in this forum.

I am not trolling anything. I am following up on my conversation from earlier in the year. I will have more to say when I am not on my phone.

I am not trolling anything. I am following up on my conversation from earlier in the year. I will have more to say when I am not on my phone.

If you engage in debate, especially with some of the inflamatory remarks made in this thread, and you come out on top you should be able to call out your opponent. Nothing has been close to trolling in this thread. It's calling people out for over the top remarks.

Honestly I think an inferiority complex there's that cut along both lines. As it relates to Redskin fans it boils down to simple jealousy because the Ravens have been run like a model franchise, from top to bottom, for a decade and the results on the field have proven that. Flip it around and I think as it relates to Raven fans, it's because the Redskins are still the #1 dominate, in terms of media coverage in the DMV area, team in the area and they probably have a larger fan base in said area. It may stem from when the Mayflower vans had gone off to Indy, during that time there was a 10 year run where the Redskins were a model franchise and the former Colt fans were probably sick and tired of having the Redskins and their success crammed down their throats constantly and reminding about good football all while they had no real team to root for. Or it's because Colt/Raven fans hate JKC for doing everything to keep Baltimore from getting a football team, even initially trying to build the new stadium in Laurel. Of course he, like Big Pete Angelos, are businessmen first and foremost and owe it to themselves and their minority owners to try to make as much money as possible and if that means keeping competition (Ravens/Nationals) out of their respective backyards then that's what they are going to do.

Heck, leading up to the SB and even after the game, how many threads were on here complaining about something? Instead of really enjoying and reveling in the fact that the Ravens were in the SB (and won it) instead people had to post about how the national media was disrespecting them, how the deer-antler story was some big conspiracy to get at Ray Lewis, how Jim Harbaugh disrespected the Ravens and the NFL by not wearing a suit and tie to a press conference, how Harbaugh's post-game comments were disrespectful, how Frank Gore's post-game comments were disrespectful, how other 49ers post-game comments were disrespectful, how everyone was out to get the Ravens, how Tom Brady's fine for lifting his leg up at Ed Reed was a travesty because it was the same dollar-amount as Frank Gore's sock fine (nevermind Gore's fine was so high because he was a multiple repeat offender or if Brady had done it to random safety on the Jaguars it probably wouldn't have been an issue), how by bringing up Ray Lewis' past in Atlanta and his missing suit was the worst travesty to do during SB week. Seriously, instead of really enjoying the season the Ravens had up to and after the SB, there were a fair amount of threads and posts finding something to complain about.Of course the irony is, you'd figure Ravens fans (who are also O's fans) would have a little bit of sympathy for Redskin fans, considering both team were/are run by less-than-stellar owners who for a long time seemed to think they were the smartest guys in the room and knew how to run their teams better than the football and baseball men the hired.

And the last time our beloved Orioles (a team I'm guessing we both root for) won the World Series was in 1983. So what's your point? As to your round-about, back-handed, condescending way of asking about my fandom, when I was born, when I became a Redskins fan, how many games I've been to, how many playoff games I've been too, how long I held season tickets, etc., etc. eh, I certainly don't have to justify any of that to you.

Cool story, brah.

This. "Booooooom."

Bottom line, if Ravens fans really want to come troll on the Redskins subsection of the forum (especially on thread that was initially started by the OP to congratulate the Redskins on a season no one, outside of Redskins fans, expected) and expect all Redskin fans to offer kudos, give internet high-5's, and talk about how awesome the Ravens are, it's probably not going to happen. And if the roles were reversed and the Redskins had just won the Super Bowl and some fans on here went and posted about it on the Ravens subsection, this place would be up in arms.

I agree with a lot fo this. The inferiority thing does run both ways. As noted the SKins are and have clearly been the inferior franchise for awhile now. Baltimore will always have that chip from the whole JKC expansion thing a along with losing the COlts. The thing here is Baltimore embraces having that chip on their shoulder. Bisciotti in the celebration parade yesterday said " I don;t know how much more success it'll take to lose the chip on your shoulder, but I hope you never do" when addressing the fans. Personally, I wish more fans would lose the chip, but I get the point he was making. That chip is what makes Ravens fans so passionate and loyal.