Moose Milligan

Httr

Just in case anyone is wondering, this "Ravens troll" is still kicking. I'm not sure where the vitriol comes from. I still believe the Ravens are getting old. I still don't think they are the best football team.

But as we've seen time and time again, if you get hot at the right time, you can win the super bowl. They did both and I congratulate them.

If anyone wonders why folks have a low opinion of Ravens fans, they can reference this thread for the answer. For those of you that have won with class, I'm happy for the joy this season has brought to you and please know the previous sentence does not apply to you.

Bottom line, if Ravens fans really want to come troll on the Redskins subsection of the forum (especially on thread that was initially started by the OP to congratulate the Redskins on a season no one, outside of Redskins fans, expected) and expect all Redskin fans to offer kudos, give internet high-5's, and talk about how awesome the Ravens are, it's probably not going to happen. And if the roles were reversed and the Redskins had just won the Super Bowl and some fans on here went and posted about it on the Ravens subsection, this place would be up in arms.

This was a great post in general, but I snipped it to avoid cluttering the thread.

I wanted to add some thoughts. The Orioles are my first and greatest sports love. They always will be. This site helps me to express and revel in that passion making grow even brighter. However, Baltimore's non-inclusive regionalism is slowly stripping me of some of the little things I love about the O's. The comraderie being primary.

At some point, it became a sin to be an O's fan, but not a Ravens fan. It somehow makes you a second class fan. Not everyone seems to feel that way, but certainly enough folks that it's unproductive. The classless bragging in this thread certainly doesn't engender goodwill. It's divisive to our fan base.

Feel free to continue flaming. I'll be in my bunk.

Edited by JDubs

This was a great post in general, but I snipped it to avoid cluttering the thread.

I wanted to add some thoughts. The Orioles are my first and greatest sports love. They always will be. This site helps me to express and revel in that passion making grow even brighter. However, Baltimore's non-inclusive regionalism is slowly stripping me of some of the little things I love about the O's. The comraderie being primary.

At some point, it became a sin to be an O's fan, but not a Ravens fan. It somehow makes you a second class fan. Not everyone seems to feel that way, but certainly enough folks that it's unproductive. The classless bragging in this thread certainly doesn't engender goodwill. It's divisive to our fan base.

Just in case anyone is wondering, this "Ravens troll" is still kicking. I'm not sure where the vitriol comes from. I still believe the Ravens are getting old. I still don't think they are the best football team.

But as we've seen time and time again, if you get hot at the right time, you can win the super bowl. They did both and I congratulate them.

If anyone wonders why folks have a low opinion of Ravens fans, they can reference this thread for the answer. For those of you that have won with class, I'm happy for the joy this season has brought to you and please know the previous sentence does not apply to you.

With all the bravado I've heard you spill over time, I'm shocked that you choose to play the victim card.

• Upvote 1

I am sorry you are a fan split across two teams that play in different cities. But all the "it was a sin to be an Os fans but not a Ravens fan" exists only in your head.

And I said it a million times....I rooted for the Skins this year. I wanted to see them win because it had been so long since their fans had been able to enjoy it...and yes I know alot of Redskins fans are Os fans...so there was always that.

That's all I have to say.

Please don't mistake any of my earlier posts for Redskins hate. I have no beef with Washington. Hell, I'd like to see them do well. I'm even thinking about buying a Griffin jersey. And yes, some of my Ravens friends want to skin me for it. :) I really do like him that much.

As I said in the Griffin thread, I'd like nothing more than to see a Beltway Superbowl sometime in the years to come. That'd be epic!

Please don't mistake any of my earlier posts for Redskins hate. I have no beef with Washington. Hell, I'd like to see them do well. I'm even thinking about buying a Griffin jersey. And yes, some of my Ravens friends want to skin me for it. :) I really do like him that much.

As I said in the Griffin thread, I'd like nothing more than to see a Beltway Superbowl sometime in the years to come. That'd be epic!

I'm very similar to you in this line of thinking. The Skins are my clear #1 team. But, I really enjoy seeing the Ravens do well. I'd love to see the Skins progress enough to compete with the Ravens - and it would be awesome to face them in a SB. We're on our way (I hope)...

• Upvote 1

I'm very similar to you in this line of thinking. The Skins are my clear #1 team. But, I really enjoy seeing the Ravens do well. I'd love to see the Skins progress enough to compete with the Ravens - and it would be awesome to face them in a SB. We're on our way (I hope)...

The problem is there are always those troll haters on both sides that make this into an argument. Honestly, I'm indifferent to the Redskins. I don't root for them but I don't really root against them and I have a lot of respect for RGIII who I enjoyed watching this season and who I hated to see get hurt because he's a fun talent to watch.

Regardless, trolling another team's forum or "calling people out" as some would like to call it is just poor sportsmanship and yes, it's trolling on our board. Just like we don't allow Yankee fans to come onto the Orioles forum, we don't need people trolling the other teams by calling out people for statements they made earlier in the year. Our community is above that even if a few apparently are not.

• Upvote 1