OsnRavensallday

2013 Washington Capitals

I think we'll see an aggressive, high octane type offense under Oates. The Backstrom neck or concussion injury (whatever it is) is very worrisome though. If we are without Nicky for any extended period of time (which pretty much any time out of a 48 game season is significant), then our chances at winning the division are practically nill, much less even making the playoffs.

BTW, my prediction? Expecting a big offensive season from Green this year.

I was looking at the training camp roster on the Caps website and noticed Orlov is not on it, is he not expected to play in D.C this year??. I I wouldn't see why not , I did notice they did have Cameron Schilling in camp instead, definately interesting.So what is our D going to look like if were not counting on Orlov?

Green/Hamrlik

Alzner/Carlson

Schultz/Hillen

with either Erskine or Poti (if healthy) as the 7th/extra D-man

I saw yesterday in the WP that Brooks Laich probly won't be ready for the start of the season as well, think it said with a hammy or ankle injury. Hopefully guys like Perreault and and Wolski step up for us while he is out . I have also liked what I have seen and heard from Ribeiro so far in camp , this guy really seems like a gem. To bad we won't have a full season to see what he could do with Ovie, Backs,etc hopefully we can long him up long-term after this year.

The D was definately not in sync last night , not the way you want to start the year. The O looked pretty decent except going 0-3 on PP's in the first few minutes of the game, Ribeiro and Wolski were a couple of the bright spots for the Caps. It was good to see the new guys contribute right off the bat, Joel Ward looked pretty darn good last night too.

Did I hear right that none of our D-men played overseas during the lockout? If so - maybe that explains why they looked out of shape and out of sync. They better get it together quickly, because they looked terrible.

Yes you did hear that correct , none of the eight D-men on our roster played a single game during the lock out. The home opener is tonight against the Winnipeg Jets , and Katie over on the WP has the lines looking like this for tonights game. Mojo/Backs/Ovie , Wolski/Ribeiro/Brouwer , Chimera/Beagle/Ward , Hendricks/Perreault/Crabb and the D-line pairings look like Alzner/Carlson, Poti/Green, and Hamrlik/Kundratek with Holtby in goal.

Yes you did hear that correct , none of the eight D-men on our roster played a single game during the lock out. The home opener is tonight against the Winnipeg Jets , and Katie over on the WP has the lines looking like this for tonights game. Mojo/Backs/Ovie , Wolski/Ribeiro/Brouwer , Chimera/Beagle/Ward , Hendricks/Perreault/Crabb and the D-line pairings look like Alzner/Carlson, Poti/Green, and Hamrlik/Kundratek with Holtby in goal.

And the Defense looked horrible, out of shape, and sloppy again. They better figure this out quick.

And the Defense looked horrible, out of shape, and sloppy again. They better figure this out quick.

Starting the season 0-2, both divisional games, in a 48 game season isn't as small a deal as your typical 0-2 start. It's obviously still way, way early... but it's similar to starting 0-4. Need to stop the bleeding and start playing better defense. On a better note, the late power play looked great last night. The PK is absolutely horrendous though, and because of the awful D, Holtby looks shaken. They'll need to go to Neuvy once or twice over this 3 game stretch in 4 days (beginning Thursday).