OsnRavensallday

2013 Washington Capitals

5-0 butt whooping. You might be the key! :scratchchinhmm:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the rules of fandom you must now attend all home games until they lose or else its all your fault! :drungo:

I am in. Now my wife and my wallet are a different story.

The game last night was awsome from start to finish and exactly what this team needed, the whole team looked in sync and like you guys said before Holtby was exceptional in the net. The rest of the season is critical ,but we have a huge 5 game stretch coming up that hopefully the guys are up for @ Fla, @TB ,@ NYR and two at home against the Devils.

The Caps are going with the same exact line-up with Holtby in goal tonight down in Florida against the Panthers, as they did the other night in D.C . Hopefully we can beat these guys again 5-0 , that sure would be nice .lol

Yeah finally playing the way they were capable of doing from the start, Holtby and the whole teams playing pretty well. I have been impressed with the kid we got from the Rangers Kundratdek , and The kid Olesky in his first two games. Hopefully we can take the games this weekend against both NY teams.

Caps imploded during third period yesterday, surrendering 3 goals after tying it up at 2 with 10 minutes to go. They're still having a hard time on the road, but hopefully, they can take down the Rangers at home today with Holtby back in goal.

Huge back to back wins for the Caps the past two nights, puts us 5 pts back of first and two games below 500. Holtby has been playing insane the last couple games , the last week and half really 2.29 GAA going into the last nights game. Already Brooks Laich has made a huge difference on the ice sense coming back , just adds another demension to our team all around. Hopefully Laich,Green and Orlov all coming back full health can help this team catch some other teams going down the stretch.

2 points back of the #8 spot. Next 4 games (1 at home, 3 on the road) probably will determine the season.

It feels like folks have been saying the "next five games" determine the season for nearly a month.

I was able to catch some of the Rangers and Penguins games and I think our team spacing, passing, checking/aggressiveness is better than it has been in YEARS. It appeared that we were playing a system (and playing it better with each game) than we were relying our on best players to freelance and make things happen. Just my observation. Hopefully, this reflects Adam Oates impact.

Also, hopefully, Mike Green comes back as a strong contributor. Green has generally been very good when healthy, but he is also a big contract and I would prefer that $ go elsewhere especially as our defensive corps seems to do just fine without him.

If we continue to play as we have been, we would seem a lock to make the playoffs, but then again, there are some good teams hanging around the eighth spot.

Edited by hoosiers

The Caps better not trade Ribeiro , the dude is our best overall player . Even at 33 years old I would give him a 4 or 5 year deal, hockey players like Ribeiro seem to keep their skill well into their late 30's.We also gave up one of our top prospects in Cody Eakin and a 2nd round pick for him , the guy actually gives us a legit Center behind Backstrom. Something that the Caps and GMGM have been trying to get for years now, and haven't had alot of luck untill now.

GMGM has got to go...

For those of us who know nothing about NHL products...explain why this is awful.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2