SteveA

Potential Orioles/Ravens schedule issue

A DH has a much higher probability of happening because of the expanded roster of September. I have a feeling that is what they will decide on if the football game isn't moved to another day.

Excellent point.

I would very likely not have tickets to the Ravens game but still tailgate for almost every home game. Whoever said you could sit in the lower bowl at Camden and watch the Ravens game has a genius idea. That would be cool to watch with that many fans that couldn't get a ticket as well.

The biggest problem is the shared parking. It's going to be hard to get a guy from not parking in a space already bought for by a Ravens season ticket holder. If they can figure out a solution to the parking problem, this really would be a fun event for the city of Baltimore, especially if the O's are in a pennant race again.

What a boring offseason. 40+ posts on a scheduling conflict between the recent Superbowl winners and the Orioles.

Tony has it right. If the Orioles are in the hunt, this should be viewed as a positive problem to have.

The Red Sox always do the April Patriots Day game at 11am along with the Boston Marathon. The only thing that will need to change is the Wednesday game moved to an afternoon start which isn't all that uncommon around the big leagues. The Ravens can just tell their fans with parking passes that they can enter the lot at 4pm which gives the O's fans plenty of time to move out if the game starts at 11:30 or 12:30.

The NFL would trump an O's game 100 out of 100 times.

The Red Sox always do the April Patriots Day game at 11am along with the Boston Marathon. The only thing that will need to change is the Wednesday game moved to an afternoon start which isn't all that uncommon around the big leagues. The Ravens can just tell their fans with parking passes that they can enter the lot at 4pm which gives the O's fans plenty of time to move out if the game starts at 11:30 or 12:30.

That's just the kind of game that goes 18 innings.

I feel like I am shouting into the breeze here, but there are contracts. The Orioles don't have to do anything. I'm not the only person that understands that, right?

I feel like I am shouting into the breeze here, but there are contracts. The Orioles don't have to do anything. I'm not the only person that understands that, right?

But the NFL is more popular. Don't you get it. They have shows about the NFL on ESPN every day!!!!!

But the NFL is more popular. Don't you get it. They have shows about the NFL on ESPN every day!!!!!

Yeah! They show more football on ESPN then they do baseball. It doesn't matter if it's baseball season or not. There is still more football. Personally Baseball is my heart and soul . Football is just well there. MLB Network on 24/7 :)

Don't think for a second that the NFL wouldn't "turn off the lights" at Camden Yards to make sure the Ravens game gets played on time! :D

They don't, no, but it would be in their better interest to come to an agreement with the NFL since many of their customers are also Ravens customers.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I buy my Ravens parking pass directly from the Maryland Stadium Authority. I'm in the Orioles player lot. Where do I park? Where does the Eutaw lot park?

I buy my Ravens parking pass directly from the Maryland Stadium Authority. I'm in the Orioles player lot. Where do I park? Where does the Eutaw lot park?

You don't get to go to the game, because there isn't one. Because the Ravens aren't allowed to schedule a game when the Orioles have a game scheduled. I'm not saying that the Orioles aren't going to accommodate the Ravens, but the idea that they have to because the NFL is more popular is stupid. And when they do it will be the Orioles doing the Ravens a favor.

You don't get to go to the game, because there isn't one. Because the Ravens aren't allowed to schedule a game when the Orioles have a game scheduled. I'm not saying that the Orioles aren't going to accommodate the Ravens, but the idea that they have to because the NFL is more popular is stupid. And when they do it will be the Orioles doing the Ravens a favor.

Yea, the idea that the NFL can somehow just force MLB to reschedule a game (or multiple games) is far fetched. I agree with those saying that it is likely the Orioles will do what they can to work things out but if the Orioles and MLB decide that there is no good solution to the problem, I don't see what power the NFL would have to force them to switch.

The White Sox might prefer to not play a double header in September even with expanded rosters. I'd imagine the Orioles probably wouldn't be too thrilled with that idea either, but at least they would sort of have an incentive for doing so (good PR in Baltimore). The Indians and Yankees might not want to move their Wednesday games to the afternoon to allow for a noon game in Baltimore the next day, which would have to happen in that scenario since the White Sox and Orioles almost certainly would be against getting in after midnight to Baltimore and have to play a noon game the next day. MLB is not going to tick off two to four teams if it doesn't have to just to appease the NFL.