Sign in to follow this  
paulcoates

Ravens Draft 2013

His stock is rising but I do think teams will be turned off by his height a little bit. D line is deep in this draft so we can get that later. Well see how they feel about Christian Thompson the guy we got in last year's draft. We may not need a safety early. Linebacker is a position we've been able to find deep in the draft. That leaves left tackle if there's one there for us in the first look for the ravens to pounce even if we have to move up. Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

According to the draft calculator...http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php....the Ravens would have to package their 1st,3rd, and 4th round picks just to get in the

23ish area of the draft.

Yea unless it's someone really worth it I'm very against moving up. I was mad we moved up for peirce though and look how that turned out(he's gotta stay healthy though).

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

• Upvote 1

A couple of things:

1. Austin absolutely will not be there at 32. He'll be a top 20 pick.

2. I don;t think the Ravens will draft an inside linebacker at 32, especially if they get Ellerbe resigned. Don;t see them drafting any of the guys linked to them at 32. Ogleetree, Te'o or Minter. Now, I think it's possible they trade down from 32 and draft one of them in the 2nd round and or come up from 64 if one of them drops into the mid 50's but I don't think they have any of them as a top 32 player on their board. I think the odds are they draft n ILB in the middle rounds (2-4).

3. Fluker absolutely can't play LT. he's not good in Pass protection at all. We need a pass protector on that left side even if he's below average in run blocking. Fluker is a very good RT prospect but Oher absolutely can't play LT. If this were a year later, when IMO Oher is likely gone( I don;t think we resign him) I would be all for drafting Fluker as our RT but not this year. Not when we have greater needs than a future RT.

4. Again, I think the Ravens will be versatile enough to go many different directions come 1st round of the draft. Could see them moving up into the top 25, could see them dropping back into the 2nd round. Could see them taking any number of positions should a player fall. However, if I were to make a prediction about a position combined with players around the area expected to be available I would bet heaviest on them drafting either a DT or S if they stay at 32.

Why safety? You don't think they like Thompson?

I don't think we really know what the organization actually thinks of Thompson. He played on ST before being IR'd and I don't remember hearing much about him (positive or negative) at camp. However, I don't think he would hold them back from drafting an impact safety such as Vaccaro, Elam or Reid if they were BPA.

Personally, I think that if we retain Ellerbe we focus on Dline, edge rusher and OT in the first two rounds.

A couple of things:

1. Austin absolutely will not be there at 32. He'll be a top 20 pick.

2. I don;t think the Ravens will draft an inside linebacker at 32, especially if they get Ellerbe resigned. Don;t see them drafting any of the guys linked to them at 32. Ogleetree, Te'o or Minter. Now, I think it's possible they trade down from 32 and draft one of them in the 2nd round and or come up from 64 if one of them drops into the mid 50's but I don't think they have any of them as a top 32 player on their board. I think the odds are they draft n ILB in the middle rounds (2-4).

3. Fluker absolutely can't play LT. he's not good in Pass protection at all. We need a pass protector on that left side even if he's below average in run blocking. Fluker is a very good RT prospect but Oher absolutely can't play LT. If this were a year later, when IMO Oher is likely gone( I don;t think we resign him) I would be all for drafting Fluker as our RT but not this year. Not when we have greater needs than a future RT.

4. Again, I think the Ravens will be versatile enough to go many different directions come 1st round of the draft. Could see them moving up into the top 25, could see them dropping back into the 2nd round. Could see them taking any number of positions should a player fall. However, if I were to make a prediction about a position combined with players around the area expected to be available I would bet heaviest on them drafting either a DT or S if they stay at 32.

If Ogletree is there at 32 the Ravens will draft him IMO. I dont think he will be there.

If Ogletree is there at 32 the Ravens will draft him IMO. I dont think he will be there.

He's a headcase and he's not an ideal 3-4 ILB. He' not a great Ravens fit on either of those levels. Again, I don't think the Ravens draft any of these guys at 32 but of the three(Ogleetree, Minter, Te'o) I actually think he's the least likely to end up a Raven.

He's got the speed that the other two don't which is his only advantage. The other two are smarter, better leaders, and better tacklers.

Edited by ccbird

He's a headcase and he's not an ideal 3-4 ILB. He' not a great Ravens fit on either of those levels. Again, I don't think the Ravens draft any of these guys at 32 but of the three(Ogleetree, Minter, Te'o) I actually think he's the least likely to end up a Raven.

A Chicago media outlet has us taking this guy.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas St

Smart. Brown isn't the biggest linebacker (6-0, 240) but he makes plays all over the field and is an intelligent linebacker. For a team looking to fill the void left by Ray Lewis, why not take someone who's already comfortable wearing purple on gameday?

and this guy in the 2nd.

62. Baltimore Ravens - William Gholston, DE, Michigan St
94. Baltimore Ravens - Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

This may sound stupid to you guys but they could try jimmy smith at safety. Of course that is only if he can't stick at cb. I remember when we drafted jimmy that some analysts were questioning his speed for cb saying he could switch to safety. He ran a fast enough forty but we know that's different than game speed.

This may sound stupid to you guys but they could try jimmy smith at safety. Of course that is only if he can't stick at cb. I remember when we drafted jimmy that some analysts were questioning his speed for cb saying he could switch to safety. He ran a fast enough forty but we know that's different than game speed.

Here's the problem ....You cant count on Webb for anything until you see how he bounces back. That means Graham and and Jimmy Smith are your starters going into camp. Thats not with standing draftees or another incoming free agent.Williams is definately gone IMO ....hes not a number 1 corner and not worth the money he wants regardless of the new found cap space.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas St

Smart. Brown isn't the biggest linebacker (6-0, 240) but he makes plays all over the field and is an intelligent linebacker. For a team looking to fill the void left by Ray Lewis, why not take someone who's already comfortable wearing purple on gameday?

Did they really just advocate picking a player based off of jersey color?

A Chicago media outlet has us taking this guy.

and this guy in the 2nd.

I like Art Brown.

Another name i'll throw out is Margus Hunt. Could be an immediate Kruger replacement.

Here's the problem ....You cant count on Webb for anything until you see how he bounces back. That means Graham and and Jimmy Smith are your starters going into camp. Thats not with standing draftees or another incoming free agent.Williams is definately gone IMO ....hes not a number 1 corner and not worth the money he wants regardless of the new found cap space.

Good point. Well we know the ravens like to fill holes before the draft so we don't have to draft for need. Guess we'll see what happens. Ihedibo didn't look too bad last year in limited pt maybe he can start.