duffaphonic

Jones today

Team leader? Didn't run out fly ball to center field. Didn't run out chopper to pitcher. I hope that he apologizes to teammates and then changes his act.

We are going to over analyze every single game the rest of the season, aren't we? 6 games in...long season, fellas...

Not running out the ball to the pitcher was bad form. I was displeased with that as well.

I was actually dumbfounded that he would do that at this stage in his career. I hope someone makes him address his lack of hustle as a team leader. I

Team leader? Didn't run out fly ball to center field. Didn't run out chopper to pitcher. I hope that he apologizes to teammates and then changes his act.

Don't forget pop up to outfield. Nice to have him on 3rd with one out

I was actually dumbfounded that he would do that at this stage in his career. I hope someone makes him address his lack of hustle as a team leader. I

I can cut him some slack for losing the ball in the sun or sky but even on that play, he knew the ball was in his area, stopped looking for the ball right away, and asks for help from Reimold who's like 50 yards away. Then he doesn't run hard on the ball that Hicks let drop in. I could almost cut him some slack on that one because he looked pretty routine. BUT, to ground a hopper back to the pitcher, put your head down before you even see if he caught or not, then realize it got by him, and STILL not run hard. That's disappointing. He could hit .500 all year. Tough to root for that kind of effort.

That was something Hanley Ramirez would pull, was shocked to see AJ not run that especially when he had a chance to beat it. All around disappointing game.

I completely agree. I really hope Buck addresses this. Also was not pleased to see Casilla seemingly not running very hard on the last out.

I can cut him some slack for losing the ball in the sun or sky but even on that play, he knew the ball was in his area, stopped looking for the ball right away, and asks for help from Reimold who's like 50 yards away. Then he doesn't run hard on the ball that Hicks let drop in. I could almost cut him some slack on that one because he looked pretty routine. BUT, to ground a hopper back to the pitcher, put your head down before you even see if he caught or not, then realize it got by him, and STILL not run hard. That's disappointing. He could hit .500 all year. Tough to root for that kind of effort.

I missed the other plays, but I saw that grounder, and for a guy who preaches about being a team leader, you don't jog down to first in the 8th inning of a game. A team leader springs out of their and beats that bobble and gets his team fired up. Very, very disappointing by Jones. I thought he was mentally stronger than that effort.

Likewise. Adam Jones, of all people. Buck is defending him now, and I like that publicly, but he will talk with Adam Im sure. Its his first time being the star of a playoff team, I think missing the pop fly and then feeling like he wasted his last AB just got to him mentally. He got caught up in himself and lost the team for a moment; he'll be disappointed with himself I wager. I would be shocked if he doesn't bust his ass through everything in Boston.

We are going to over analyze every single game the rest of the season, aren't we? 6 games in...long season, fellas...

This DESERVES to be analyzed. I was very disappointed with Adam Jones today. That fly ball drop really got to him and it showed. He never pulled his head out of his ass.

This DESERVES to be analyzed. I was very disappointed with Adam Jones today. That fly ball drop really got to him and it showed. He never pulled his head out of his ass.

Absolutely. Plus, this is a message board. This IS what we do afterall.

Here is a guess.

Gonzo has some kind of bug. Maybe the flu.

Ayala just went to the hospital in the 7th inning not feeling well. Will not be on the plane to Boston.

Buck said several other players are affected.

Could be Jones? I don't know that to be true but could be.

Steve Melewski ‏@masnSteve 19s

Adam Jones called himself out for not running hard. Said was frustrated about check swing back to pitcher. "My fault on effort level."