weams

vs. The Yankees 4/12

Watch us get guys on base here and he comes up trying to redeem himself, over does it, and hits into a triple play.

Wish they'd let me rep this twice.

Wow. I try not to be a debbie downer too much any more, but that was pathetic and they should be embarassed. This is bad news bear baseball.

This team is going no where fast. They've made more mistakes the first 10 games this year than the last 70 last year. This is really getting ridiculous.

Guess you don't remember the defense of Betemit, Davis and Reynolds at the beginning of the year.

Jones didnt try and watch the ball into his glove instead twisting his body and neck to the point where it was almost over the shoulder. He had plenty of time to get under it, he just didnt catch it properly, and it skipped out of his glove. Terrible play. But almost predictable the way he got under it.

Cue every sports highlight show in America showing Jones looking awful followed by the good ole' Yankees getting a triple play. Bad bad bad. At least this only counts as one loss I guess.

As well it should be

First tripple play I've ever seen in my life...
Does that "count" as a triple play though? Seems more like a double play and a terrible basrunning error.

Hunter? Buck has given up on this one. 2 hr's this inning by NY.

Hunter: I dare you guys to try to hit one out in this weather.

fwiw it was clearly correct for MM to run, however he reacted too slow to the situation and should have stayed put as a result. I don't think there's even a debate that it was correct for him to run though.

Its a bad game. They happen to every team. Every team

Lets not freak out. If it becomes a pattern then worry for now its some early season heeby jeebies IMO.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Anthony Santander annual posting up report card grades, Age 21-25 2016: A 2017-2018: our Rule V pick is "injured" 2019-2020: I dunno....C  ? This year's Forecaster book only has 136 days for 2017's, ahem, strained elbow, and the oblique last September on his 5-year injury log.   I can get my man being pretty pumped he was blasting Max Scherzer last summer.  
    • The list will be gauche if we get an Adley/Baumann hoard.    I am guessing an SEC ace for 1-5 in July, and granted the chance for any exact 4 pitchers to be healthy  365 days from now is probably about 10%. "The #1 farm system in baseball" could have a little lump of coal tinge in certain circumstances, though of course in the longer term we get to see how it all plays out.
    • Boy I hope that is right. We’ve got a ton of pictures who need to get a chance, and not just the guys you mentioned, but Smith and Mattson and Scoler(sp) and Wells.  they all need innings.
    • The Bills had some success last year too against us.  The thing is that not many teams can match the Bills personnel. So I don't think the book is out on Lamar, unless the book is "have a bunch of undersized, fast linebackers/safeties that can keep up with Lamar."  Frankly if Allen didnt have Stefon Diggs to throw to the bills might not have scored at all on offense.
    • I don't think you can wait on at least listening regarding Lamar's extension.  Whether you think he is worth it or not, QBs with his resume fetch too much on the open market for you to take a wait and see approach.  I think the uncertainty that comes with trying to draft a QB, combined with their outsized effect on the team offense, makes GMs rightfully risk-averse when it comes to trying to draft QBs vs devoting large portions of cap space to a known quantity.  I would personally assign a bit more blame to the rest of the players but I've seen increasing analysis on the Ravens passing game that leads me to wanting a new OC as well.  That said, the Ravens have been terrible at establishing the pass for the vast majority of Harbaugh's tenure, and hes the constant there, so I kind of wonder if the problem is him.  And we can't let him go because he's too good a coach overall. So that puts us in a real bind with Lamar.
    • Because I don't buy into "injury prone" as a rule. If there's a degenerative issue, I see it, but some guys age into a lot of injuries and others age out of them. Others just never are the same again.  I concede that Santander has to prove he can stay healthy though. That's why I said it was his achilles heel, and not the OBP.
  • Popular Contributors