Edwin Encarnacion - 1B

Melky Cabrera - DH

J.P. Arencibia - C

Colby Rasmus - CF

Brett Lawrie - 3B

Maicer Izturis - SS

Brandon Morrow - RHP (0-2, 5.57 ERA)

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Josh Stinson - RHP (1-0, 0.77 ERA) [AAA-Norfolk] O (0-0, 4.50 ERA) [Advanced-A Frederick] *

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nolan Reimold - DH

Ryan Flaherty - 2B

Taylor Teagarden - C

* Stinson's 2013 Major League Debut

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Edited by OFFNY

JOSHUA RANDALL STINSON O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/24) *

IP:. 0

H:o 0

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 0

Pitches: 000 (00 Strikes, 00 Balls)

2013 ERA: 0.00

* Stinson's 2013 Major League Debut

PITCHES BY INNINGS

00 (00 Strikes)

Watch Stinson give us 7innings today

I wouldn't complain. I'd like it if he turned out to be another Duquette diamond in the rough ala Miguel Gonzalez.

dan-o or offny do you have the link for vipbox? Whenever I go to the website it doesn't work, but when I click on the link it does.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I don't think it's a good sign for the system as a whole when so many current draftees are ranking this high.  These kids barely got to play this year and it seems as if they are making the list because they haven't had a chance to shows the flaws in their game.
    • Good stuff. I guess the next question is, did Vavra's teammates have similar splits.  Is this a home park thing or just one of those things.
    • Tony thought the same for Little Yaz, 4th OFer at best, if that. This is not a knock on Tony. But, its hard to really tell how these guys will mature and develope.  
    • I need to do some research to make my choice, so I went to the MLB prospect list, and man, they don’t agree with this list at all. No help there!
    • The signing bonuses (even if inflated for HS prospects) of Mayo/Baumler suggest to me they are second/third round talents and so would be appropriate here IMO.   
    • Hmmm so our #13 Prospect projects to nothing more than a utility guy? and presumably everyone behind him has as much or less potential?
    • I will plant the Adam Hall flag here - probably on my own island - well as a comp to Vavra - not necessarily at 13. Both Hall and Vavra played in the South Atlantic League last year.  Vavra had extreme home away splits and by extreme I mean Home 400/484/640/1124 and AWAY 224/320/316/636. Hall's overall numbers trail Vavra due to that extreme split, but in (IMO) the most legitimate comp between the two - Hall outhit Vavra on the road with a respectable 291/360/369/729.  League average numbers for the South Atlantic League last year were 239/316/362/677 which Vavra's road numbers trail.  Vavra's road numbers also trailed those of the promoted 2019 draft picks Johnny Rizer and Toby Welk in the Sally League in 2019 - prospects I don't think we will see anywhere near here. As Tony mentioned, included in Vavra's numbers are superior BB/K numbers which were 62/62 in 2019 with similar home/away splits.  Hall did walk in about 9% of his PAs, but struck out much more often in 117 times - nearly a quarter of his PAs. I believe Hall has a better middle infield defensive profile with a chance, albeit a low one, to stick at SS but capable of playing a competent major league 2B IMO.   A final important factor to me is that Hall is two years younger than Vavra and played about one year younger than the Sally League average in 2019 while Vavra was a year older than league average. Tony has the inside word here and the Os had to like something in Vavra to take him in trade so I will prepare in advance to eat future crow when I say I prefer Hall to Vavra.
  • Popular Contributors