Nicks124

This game is all on Buck

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 15m

@BaltimoreLuke Also remember, Strop was not only losing pitcher but his effort Saturday is reason Johnson wasn't available to pitch today

So trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

He's another LHP. 50% of our RHPs in our pen are brutal. You cannot have two effective righties, especially when one is unavailable and the other only gets two outs in a game where your starter only goes 5.1. Matusz can't pitch to Cespedes, but as others have stated, Gonzo screwed them.

Very true. I am certain that another righty will be forthcoming for the pen.

Good Luck with that.

I think Zach will be out there for seven tomorrow, even if it is not strong, or even acceptable.

Very true. I am certain that another righty will be forthcoming for the pen.

I hope so, having too many good LHP in the pen shouldn't ever be a problem. It's an embarrassment of riches, what a weird bullpen with which Buck has to work.

This is a good point. I was not a fan of Buck bringing JJ into that game yesterday. I just felt it wasn't that big a situation yet. Buck managing today wasn't a problem, but the unavailability of JJ today can be considered Buck's fault. Either way, if Patton doesn't give up a two-run homer to a lefty and Matusz doesn't give up the homer to Cespedes, we win this game. Let's just place blame where it belongs, and that's on the players.

I'll still take 3 out of 4.

This is why I thought it was smart to bring in JJ yesterday. Orioles were looking at facing Colon, who has been very tough. If you can guarantee taking 3 out of 4 in Oakland when you haven't won a series there is forever, you do what you need to do and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

There are three problems that i still see with the pitching

1. The first problem i see is the same one i saw in the begining of the year. McFarland being in the pen is taking up a spot and we can't or won't use him in lat innings. It is very tough to hide a rule 5 guy on a winning team. It is twice as hard when your starters are not going long in the game and taxing the other guys.

2. Strop is all messed up and can't be trusted which is tough plus with no options you can't send him down like he needs to be. His stuff is too good to let go from what we saw last year. It is in his head and mechanics fix that and he should be ok.

3. The third thing is that we are a righty short in the pen with no Ayala and Pedro being so off.

You played last year with Gregg and having a guy we couldn't use and right now we are playing with two guys. Mcfarland has been ok but his stuff has been ok from what i have seen and not amazing enough to keep him here. We have a bunch of guys that are just as good as him in the minors and we can move them up and down.

The options are becomming a problem right now with Strop not being able to go down, McFarland not being able to go down, Even Tillman though he seems back has to stay up here.

If Britton struggles tomorrow you can send him right back down for another arm then send that arm down for the next starter. We are playing Seattle in Seattle, not the 27 Yankees.

Ah, so you upset about Britton being on the roster all these days instead of right-handed reliever. Ok, I can buy that a bit. I never really understood the whole Britton called up to pitch out of the bullpen in an emergency but will start Monday roster management, especially with Strop struggling so much. This team needs another strong right-handed bullpen option. We honestly miss Ayala right now.

This post is exactly why I'm not too fond of this forum.

Yeah man. Let it roll off your back...haters gonna hate. The ignore function is very useful when particular guys grate on you too often.

This is why I thought it was smart to bring in JJ yesterday. Orioles were looking at facing Colon, who has been very tough. If you can guarantee taking 3 out of 4 in Oakland when you haven't won a series there is forever, you do what you need to do and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Perhaps, but I didn't think things were dangerous enough to warrant the use of JJ yet. 7-3 with two men on. I probably would of had Hunter warming in case Strop imploded and then warmed up JJ once I had to go to Hunter.

I don't think you can blame buck entirely for this loss. However, his management of the roster this season has not been up to par. Specifically, the pitching staff. It doesn't take a scout to see that gonzalez came out with NOTHING in the 6th inning, yet it took getting smacked around by numerous batters to even get anyone up in the bullpen. Then, strop. Why does strop need to pitch in this game? In a high leverage situation? This is a time for Tommy Hunter who can ease the pen for a few innings if needed (or lose the game with a HR). At least he's going to throw strikes and not make it painful to watch. Strop needs to work in low leverage situations and get his confidence back and not thrust into a situation that he isn't ready for. I truly believe it's a lack of confidence in strop that causes manny to rush that throw.

I think Zach will be out there for seven tomorrow, even if it is not strong, or even acceptable.

The O's have McFarland ready so he could get stretched out if Zach can only give his five or six.

Ah, so you upset about Britton being on the roster all these days instead of right-handed reliever. Ok, I can buy that a bit. I never really understood the whole Britton called up to pitch out of the bullpen in an emergency but will start Monday roster management, especially with Strop struggling so much. This team needs another strong right-handed bullpen option. We honestly miss Ayala right now.
Pitching Freddy Garcia against Seattle might have made for an interesting story line.