Sign in to follow this  
calmunderfire

If Machado does not adjust to sliders from righties

Yes because it is completely useful to extrapolate and entire season from one game. Let's just ignore all the other ones.

Are you high?

No. I don't smoke weed anymore. It hasn't been just today. Machado has had below league average production against the slider this season.

I've noticed pitchers are throwing him more recently.

Dude. If he has 4 AB's. Strikes out once and puts 3 weak balls in play that will translate to a sub .250 over the course of a season

Norris has a great slider. Hitters are hitting .212 against it this season. You're just overreacting to him having some bad swings against a great slider. It's not like he chasing sliders in the other batter's box like Jones has in the past.

Norris has a great slider. Hitters are hitting .212 against it this season. You're just overreacting to him having some bad swings against a great slider. It's not like he chasing sliders in the other batter's box like Jones has in the past.

How many times do I have to post this? Machado has not produced against the slider this year. Now they are throwing him more.

How many times do I have to post this? Machado has not produced against the slider this year. Now they are throwing him more.

why don't you take your all-knowing powers and help him do some pitch recognition? Is this actually Cal Ripken posting? Because if not, you're just a troll.

• Upvote 1

How many times have you provided evidence?

Davis just swung and missed three straight times. Color me worried...

Baseball is a patient man's game. Just let things like making adjustments play out over a season. The kid will be fine.

Sliders are traditionally the toughest pitch for a young right-handed hitter to adjust to. Over his career, the slider has given him trouble, especially when the pitcher keeps it down and away.

Career Slider whiff rates.

The good news is when the pitchers hang them, he hits them pretty well.

batting avgs against sliders

Manny has such good plate coverage and has shown the ability to make adjustments already at this young stage of his career that even if he slumps here and there and starts chasing sliders, I'm not too concerned because I feel he'll make the adjustments.

Right now Manny is not seeing the ball real well, but he keeps managing to get a hit or two which is what good hitters do to stay out of prolonged slumps.

why don't you take your all-knowing powers and help him do some pitch recognition? Is this actually Cal Ripken posting? Because if not, you're just a troll.

I don't think he's a troll at all. I think he might be overreacting a bit, but Machado will chase the occasional slider away from a right-handed like a lot of hitter do. Machado will be just fine, but this is not the same guy as before.

• Upvote 1

No I'm a new poster. But Machado is dumbfounded by the slider coming from righties. It's downright scary because I've seen it completely hold back Jones from being a superstar.

Welcome to the OH. This thread so far is a perfect example of what happens if you post something unpopular. Panties get in a wad real quickly. Lotta butthurt over relatively nothing. You get accused of pissing in everybody's bowl of Cheerios.

Oh, and you get accused of overreacting by posters that do nothing but overreact all the time.

Welcome and enjoy! :boogie:

Let's just agree it's something to watch for while keeping in mind that he's only 20 and he has plenty of time to adjust.