OFFNY

The Astros' Owner and G.M. Have Long-Term Plans

On 10/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Yeah, all fan-bases have their ignorant, insensitive followers. Some teams seem to have more than others.

I agree that very few (if any) of them have much positive influence going on in their lives. Perhaps they need to be reminded that ultimately, the players and coaches on those teams wouldn't give them the time of day if and when their taunting/heckling got them into confrontations and trouble with fans of other teams ........ I always think back to December of 2009, when a woman who was a Yankee fan intentionally ran over (and killed) a Red Sox fan in New England after arguing with a group of them in a bar. Now, she is going to spend the better part of her life in prison, and the Yankee players on that team (Derek Jeter, Alex Rogriguez, Mark Teixeira, CC Sabathia, Brett Gardner, etc) couldn't give a rat's ass about her.

New York Yankees Fan Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Hitting, Killing Red Sox Fan with Car

(Associated Press)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/new-york-yankees-fan-convicted-second-degree-murder-hitting-killing-red-sox-fan-car-article-1.169404

Image result for Yankee fan runs over and kills Red Sox fans with car Ivonne Hernandez

o

Bloody hail the way some fans act its like they're getting a paycheck in the mail for watching the games? Its the reason I never get into debates with strangers over sports.  If we both like the same team then I'll talk with them then other wise I'm just a spectator.

4 minutes ago, KylOriole Ren said:

Bloody hail the way some fans act its like they're getting a paycheck in the mail for watching the games? Its the reason I never get into debates with strangers over sports.  If we both like the same team then I'll talk with them then other wise I'm just a spectator.

Honestly I'd rather talk to informed fans of other teams than casual Oriole fans.

Of course I've never been threatened with violence over baseball.

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:09 PM, KylOriole Ren said:

A 2 year old was recently shot in Baltimore.  Happened because someone honked at a car that didn't move at a green light.  You can't avoid the angry people with guns in America. 

So what does this team’s window look like?  
I know they have Whitley as a prospect, but their other two starters are in their late 30s.  I can’t see them being able to afford Cole especially when they have to take on a full season of Greinke’s salary and Altuve gets a $20M bump.

2 hours ago, backwardsk said:

So what does this team’s window look like?  
I know they have Whitley as a prospect, but their other two starters are in their late 30s.  I can’t see them being able to afford Cole especially when they have to take on a full season of Greinke’s salary and Altuve gets a $20M bump.

Fangraphs, which ranks the O’s farm system 10th, ranks the Astros 24th.   They have a couple of highly rated young pitchers who broke into the majors late this year, who don’t count in those rankings.  

o

(OCTOBER 17th)

After a mediocre regular season in which the Astros (along with the Milwaukee Brewers) became the first team ever to qualify for the post-season based on a losing record, their dreams of winning another American League Champioship came up one game short, as they fell to the Tampa Bay-D-Rays in Game 7 of the 2020 ALCS.

o