OFFNY

vs. YANKEES, 6/29

Kevin millar just said WE'RE going to be in the World Series.

And HE used the word WE'RE as in talking about his own team.

I really like Millar.

Two or 3 times during the broadcast!He did. KM is down with the orange.

Did Joe Buck call this game for Fox? Didn't get to watch it but was following it while at the mall with the girlfriend.

Yeah he did.

Did Joe Buck call this game for Fox? Didn't get to watch it but was following it while at the mall with the girlfriend.

Yep, Joe Buck who I like, and Tim McCarver who is a big doody head.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I guess you can never have too much Tommy Pham bubble wrap, and Tatis's talent is so immense he does still have the making it six months thing. If we get that old 10-team thing one last time, maybe we'll get to see two great teams try hard all 162.   DeGrom or Acuna will be waiting, and (checks schedule) yep Padres-Dodgers 160/161/162. I can't quibble with not counting on Wil Myers either.
    • Does Santander get you Pablo Lopez (Miami)? Maybe add Zimmerman for Mesa Jr? Is that even close to reality?
    • Good voice, mediocre announcer. I liked him in the emcee roles, not nearly as much when he was behind a mic while there was a game being played.
    • We’ll see what?  Do you think Elias “punted” on the pick?  Do you think he intentionally drafted someone who sucks? Do you think he’s going to fail?
    • Personally, I liked Hunter and will miss him. I was pretty upset when we lost Jon Miller, but even though Hunter wasn't nearly as good, I enjoyed listening to him. On a side note, I know a number of Yankee fans who couldn't stand him (or Joe Angel) and would trash him to no end, and that would make me laugh... maybe that has something to do with it too, lol.
    • I wonder if they could actually sit Davis down and say, “look. You’re on the team. But you’re not gonna play. We’re going to ignore you in press conferences And if anybody asks we’re going to say that you’re on the team, and that is that. We will use you in an emergency situation and aside from that your spot is just a black hole. Now get out of this office.”
    • Sports Guy’s and Can_of_corn’s comments about how quickly college players can reach the majors reminded my that, when I gathered the data for this thread, I captured when the player had been drafted or signed, whether they came from a 4 year school, Juco or high school, and when they debuted in the majors.   So, I though I’d summarize some of that for discussion.    Of the 42 20+ WAR “horses” between 1990-2019 who were drafted from a 4-year college, here’s how many years it took them to reach the majors: 0 - 1 (Sale) 1 - 6 2 - 21 3 - 7 4 - 5 5+ - 2 (Woody Williams, Dickey) Here’s the 33 high school guys: 1 - 1 (Verlander) 2 - 6 3 - 8 4 - 10 5 - 5 6 -2 7 - 1 (Fassero) Here’s the 21 foreign guys excluding older guys from Cuba or Japan: 3 - 3 4 - 9 5 - 5 6 - 2 7 - 2 There were 8 Juco’s on the list: 0 - 1 (A. Fernandez) 2 - 2 3 - 2 4 - 1 5 - 2 I may have accidentally double counted 2-3 guys, but that’s close enough.
  • Popular Contributors