Who's On 1st

Update on my wife's battle with cancer!

Cathy saw the doctor today and received some good news.

Blood work looking good' date=' tumors markers/ numbers are down. Which is a good sign that this series of chemo is working for now. She is down to 220 from 770. She will start back on chemo next Tuesday Aug.6th.

So we shall see how it goes. She had a second surgery last Aug. and after they removed many tumors, her numbers were down to normal. ( below 35). Then the tumors grew back.

Hopefully this will keep going in the right direction!

Keep those prayers coming.[/quote']

My wife Cathy had the chemo yesterday ( Aug. 6th ) and so far she is responding good with it. Still lot of pain, But, she said it has decreased a bit. Down from a 10 to maybe an 8. It has been a long time since I have heard her say anything but a 10. Her worst time is usually a day or so after.

Her next round of chemo will be on Sept. 3rd.

Doctor wants to do a few more rounds then do some scans to see where she is with the tumor markers ( cancer numbers).

Please keep the good thoughts and prayers coming. She has been through a lot since Sept. 12/2011

• Upvote 1

My wife Cathy had the chemo yesterday ( Aug. 6th ) and so far she is responding good with it. Still lot of pain' date=' But, she said it has decreased a bit. Down from a 10 to maybe an 8. It has been a long time since I have heard her say anything but a 10. Her worst time is usually a day or so after.

Her next round of chemo will be on Sept. 3rd.

Doctor wants to do a few more rounds then do some scans to see where she is with the tumor markers ( cancer numbers).

Please keep the good thoughts and prayers coming. She has been through a lot since Sept. 12/2011[/quote']

Sounds like Cathy has been through pure hell for almost two years now. I'm so sorry that she has had to endure such pain. Thankfully, she is still able to receive chemo and get some relief from the pain. Cathy is a real fighter, Wayne. God bless her and also you for standing by her side through all her ups and downs. Unfortunately, a lot of downs (I know that from our private conversations). I know it's her battle, but she needs you by her side to keep up the good fight and I know you've done this. You've been a wonderful, encouraging partner, for sure.

I think about her often and will continue to pray for Cathy and also for you, Wayne.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Wayne and his wife Cathy as she has moved to Hospice. We ask you all to keep them in your thoughts and prayers in this difficult time.

May she be in peace and comfort after putting up such a long fight. She is a true fighter and Wayne I know you were there all along with her. She'll have that peace knowing you did everything in your power to help and care for her.

If there is anything we can do for you just let us know!

Our thoughts and prayers are with Wayne and his wife Cathy as she has moved to Hospice. We ask you all to keep them in your thoughts and prayers in this difficult time.

May she be in peace and comfort after putting up such a long fight. She is a true fighter and Wayne I know you were there all along with her. She'll have that peace knowing you did everything in your power to help and care for her.

God bless Wayne and Cathy and their family. My prayers are with you both.

Its time like this that "outsiders" just don't get how much the Hangout can mean to all of us. We are way more than just a bunch of fanboys on a message board.

What strength and courage both Cathy and Wayne have shown over the past couple of years! This is what love and life (sometimes unfortunately) is all about. May Cathy continue to receive more abundant love every remaining day of her life!

• Upvote 1

There is nothing I could add to this. Our prayers are with you, Wayne and Cathy.

Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear this. May God grant Cathy comfort and peace in her final days. I hope you can somehow find comfort knowing He will always be by her side. She will never be alone. That is also my prayer for you. May God also give you both the strength to endure what each day brings. God bless you both.

God bless Wayne and Cathy and their family. My prayers are with you both.

Its time like this that "outsiders" just don't get how much the Hangout can mean to all of us. We are way more than just a bunch of fanboys on a message board.

This. I've met Wayne and Cathy a few times at Baysox games, but we've obviously interacted quite a bit on this message board as well as through Facebook. My heart is very heavy for the two of them today, and for me that means that it's more than 'some guy I know from the internet'. You nailed it Dip...this community means a lot to a lot of us and I'm grateful for that.

God bless you, Wayne & Cathy. I hope you both find peace and comfort.

What strength and courage both Cathy and Wayne have shown over the past couple of years! This is what love and life (sometimes unfortunately) is all about. May Cathy continue to receive more abundant love every remaining day of her life!

Well said Bob.

God bless you Wayne and Cathy.