OFFNY

vs. ROYALS, 7/23

How about swing at a ball in the strike zone instead being called out on 3 straight pitches looking?

How about if you do strike out, don't whine and try and show up the umpire when it was obviously strike 3?

I know Manny plays beyond his years for the most part, but he can also act beyond his years too.

Give the kid a break. It wasn't obviously strike 3. Gameday shows it outside as a ball. The entire at bat was borderline strikes at best and definite balls at worst. The umpire didn't have to call him out there.

Guthrie shut us down pretty well earlier in the year IIRC, but he hasn't been pitching nearly as well lately. I haven't seen Santana pitch lately, but with the way we've been hitting, I think we can put up a few runs against him. Not to mention we have Chen and Gonzalez going.

Santana and Guthrie are right handed and throw over 89 MPH. I'll take those matchups over any junkball lefty in the league.