Sign in to follow this  
calmunderfire

How old are you?

Eddie Murray.

Me too. It sucks that this is my last chance to use an Oriole retired # as my age, and I never thought of it before. I could have been in pre school and telling people my age is Earl Weaver. Then I might have been put in different classes though.

It's a sad day when the last player older than you retires. For me, it was Jesse Orosco, who was 46 when he retired. He hung in there a good long time.

Now I'm at the point where Manny Machado is only three months older than my son (as I constantly remind him).

It'll be 2026 or so when there's a MLBer the same age as my oldest. That's bound to either keep me young, or kill me early.

Glad some people are having fun guessing my birthday.

Hints so far:

- The day after I was born, the Russians began an offensive against the Germans in Stalingrad.

- Don't forget the day and month because they are part of the year. I belong to a somewhat special group because it is unique.

Here’s another hint that should make it real easy:

- I’m eight years younger but one day older than Elvis.

Glad some people are having fun guessing my birthday.

Hints so far:

- The day after I was born, the Russians began an offensive against the Germans in Stalingrad.

- Don't forget the day and month because they are part of the year. I belong to a somewhat special group because it is unique.

Here?s another hint that should make it real easy:

- I?m eight years younger but one day older than Elvis.

I think you're describing 1/9/43 (ie your birthday in M-D-YY format spells out the year), but your Elvis hint would lead me to think 1/7/43 (one day older to me would mean one day before he was born).

• Upvote 1

I think you're describing 1/9/43 (ie your birthday in M-D-YY format spells out the year), but your Elvis hint would lead me to think 1/7/43 (one day older to me would mean one day before he was born).

BINGO!!

You got it! And you're right about the one day older. It should have been "born one day after" which is what my ancient mine was trying to riddle.

As for the hints (for those who care):

Russia/Soviet Union began a counter-attack against the Germans at Stalingrad on the morning of January 10, 1943, one day after I was born.

The day and month are part of the year - 1/9/43.….my birth year. I belong to a group called the “One-Niners” made up exclusively of people born on January 9th. That is the only birthday in the 20th century - 1900 to 1999 - that makes your birth date the same as the year you were born. And it will be the last century it will happen....ever.

The last hint was too easy ( and somewhat wrong). Elvis was born on January 8, 1935, eight years and one day before me. Only 43 minutes earlier and I would have been on the 8th, too.

Unfortunately, I share the same Jan 9 birthday as Richard Nixon. Ugh!

Edited by olehippi
  • Upvote 3

BINGO!!

You got it! And you're right about the one day older. It should have been "born one day after" which is what my ancient mine was trying to riddle.

As for the hints (for those who care):

Russia/Soviet Union began a counter-attack against the Germans at Stalingrad on the morning of January 10, 1943, one day after I was born.

The day and month are part of the year - 1/9/43.….my birth year. I belong to a group called the “One-Niners” made up exclusively of people born on January 9th. That is the only birthday in the 20th century - 1900 to 1999 - that makes your birth date the same as the year you were born. And it will be the last century it will happen....ever.

The last hint was too easy ( and somewhat wrong). Elvis was born on January 8, 1935, eight years and one day before me. Only 43 minutes earlier and I would have been on the 8th, too.

Unfortunately, I share the same Jan 9 birthday as Richard Nixon. Ugh!

Born on the 9th of January here as well, but a bit more recently. :) We also share a b-day with Jimmy Page, so there is that!

• Upvote 1

!

Are you saying the world is going to end in this century? People born on February 1, 2100 will have the same peculiarity. 2-1-00

• Upvote 1

BINGO!!

My daughter is the ultimate One-Niner. She was born in 1-9-1991 (well I guess those born 1-19-19 could argue that ;) ). BTW, congrats on your bird. I see my points put your over the top!

Maiores sordibus. On the day I was born, Uijongbu fell to North Korean forces. The South Korean government, President Syngman Rhee and his cabinet, left Seoul for Taejon.

Soon after, the kindly President Rhee joined the staff of Life magazine and then mysteriously disappeared for several months. A reporter charged with finding the president eventually found him in a secluded office in Rwanda, where he was managing the Lucky Strike advertising account for the magazine. The reporter, overcome with joy, cried, "Ah, sweet Mr. Rhee of Life, at last I've found you!"

I'll be 30 on Saturday. Kinda freaked out that I'll be 30, seeing as it feels like yesterday that I was a kid.

• Upvote 1

Are you saying the world is going to end in this century? People born on February 1, 2100 will have the same peculiarity. 2-1-00

LOL....nothing world ending. I was repeating info passed on to me by others. I never really thought about it that much. But 2/1/00.... ain't that something? Perhaps whoever thought 1999 would be the end of this birthday singularity figured that since we'd all be dead by 2100, that it didn't matter.

Maiores sordibus. On the day I was born, Uijongbu fell to North Korean forces. The South Korean government, President Syngman Rhee and his cabinet, left Seoul for Taejon.

Soon after, the kindly President Rhee joined the staff of Life magazine and then mysteriously disappeared for several months. A reporter charged with finding the president eventually found him in a secluded office in Rwanda, where he was managing the Lucky Strike advertising account for the magazine. The reporter, overcome with joy, cried, "Ah, sweet Mr. Rhee of Life, at last I've found you!"

Born on the 4th of Capricorn and older than dirt. Hopefully you have discovered the sweet mystery of life. Me.... I had to start adding fertilizer to the dirt to make things grow. ;)

LOL....nothing world ending. I was repeating info passed on to me by others. I never really thought about it that much. But 2/1/00.... ain't that something? Perhaps whoever thought 1999 would be the end of this birthday singularity figured that since we'd all be dead by 2100, that it didn't matter.

Maybe they were Y2K believers.;)

I have a weird birthday too. February 29.