Flacco Machado

Not liking this road trip, not liking it at all

Gosh, this loss sucked. I really thought we'd win and have some confidence, heading out west. If there was ever a time for a players only meeting, I hope it's now. Adam Jones would be a good one to lead it. Let's get this together.

Yep, an all NL west coast trip. This may decide our month, and even season. With how the team overall has been hitting/pitching, I wouldn't be surprised to come home with only 2-3 wins.

This might be a big downhill slide coming up, could truly be the end of our playoff hopes for this year. EVERY game matters.

Normally I'm the type who can find something consolable in any series or road trip, find any type of ground to summarize my thoughts going in, but with this, to be perfectly frank, I don't like this road trip either. Petco & AT&T don't work well for a team that relies on the home run like the Orioles. Granted, it's not like the Orioles aren't used to playing in pitcher favorable parks having played in Target Field, Safeco, and the Coliseum. That said, it still doesn't look good on paper. I suppose you could say that could also work in our favor considering the staff gives up a lot of homers, but even taking away the homers the way the starters have pitched of late means the defense has to be really good and/or guys just need to flat out step up. Offensively and pitching, guys need to step up.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope I'm really wrong, but this road trip is one that from a W-L standpoint I'm not looking forward to.

• Upvote 1

The way the team stands right now: 4-4 road trip. Not good enough. Cleveland (should go 5-5 during that stretch) and Texas (6-3 during that stretch) MFY (6-4), KC (7-3)... Lets Tabulate this and see how it stands by the start of the next homestand 9/16:

ALE

Bos 73-50 --

Tam 70-49 1

Bal 65-55 6.5

ALWC

Tam +5.0

Tex --

Cle 1.0

Bal 2.5

KC 3.5

MFY 4.5

The way the team stands right now: 4-4 road trip. Not good enough. Cleveland (should go 5-5 during that stretch) and Texas (6-3 during that stretch) MFY (6-4), KC (7-3)... Lets Tabulate this and see how it stands by the start of the next homestand 9/16:

ALE

Bos 73-50 --

Tam 70-49 1

Bal 65-55 6.5

ALWC

Tam +5.0

Tex --

Cle 1.0

Bal 2.5

KC 3.5

MFY 4.5

Though I think some of your projections seem a little fatalistic, I agree that the O's need to do work on this trip. I don't care that it's a long trip to the west coast - the teams they're crossing paths aren't playing particularly well, and the O's need to take care of business. If they want to have any real shot at making the playoffs, they need to get hot, now.

We'll be fine. I'll be at all three games in SF this weekend!

You're going to all 3 games, and I'm not going to any of them.

You bastard.

Gosh, this loss sucked. I really thought we'd win and have some confidence, heading out west. If there was ever a time for a players only meeting, I hope it's now. Adam Jones would be a good one to lead it. Let's get this together.

If you dont like this road trip, you really couldnt have been thrilled about our home stand.