TonySoprano

Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

I would take back Reynolds in a heartbeat. Stick him in the lineup as a DH against any lefty. Familiar with our division foes and hits them well. If he even hits 5 HRs from that spot the rest of the way it would be an improvement. He could also serve as an emergency infielder. DFA Casilla and let's get this done.

I am sick of Mark Reynolds. He represents the 14 years of losing. Awful fielder and awful hitter. He isn't going to want to be a DH against only lefties. And Buck will play him all the time. Buck likes certain guys no matter what they do. I dont' want to see Reynolds strike out time after time on pitches in the dirt. He won't provide anything to the team other than an easy out for the other team.

Play Hank every day against lefties and righties and see what he can do. We already know Reynolds is an awful player.

How does he represent 14 years of losing? How? He was here for two seasons, one of which was the season that broke the streak. If you'd said Brian Roberts or Nick Markakis, or even Adam Jones, I could understand that. I think the whole argument is ludicrous, but it's whatever. To your other points, how and where is Buck going to play him all the time? He's not playing first or third, those are rightly taken. Buck's got Urrutia at DH, not to mention Pearce, Valencia at Norfolk, and if he comes back Betemit, and unless they're not sold on Urrutia and send him back down, he's going to get the lion's share at DH. So tell me, where is Buck going to play him all of the time?

I would take back Reynolds in a heartbeat. Stick him in the lineup as a DH against any lefty. Familiar with our division foes and hits them well. If he even hits 5 HRs from that spot the rest of the way it would be an improvement. He could also serve as an emergency infielder. DFA Casilla and let's get this done.

last HR he hit was early June, you really think he could hit five the next two months?

Just goes to show, some think more highly of other people's castoffs, then our own talents.

There's some truth to this. I think the debate around Reynolds stems from the idea that he is better than his current level of production. He may thrive in a limited role with this os team. I agree with your main premise though. Not a cast off, but there's still harping about us not signing cespeses, but his production currently matches wieters pretty well.

He walks. He gets on base. He has power. He can fill in at 1B. He can carry the team when hot, which he is due for most likely looking at his recent play.

Reynolds:

vs. Lefties this season: 215/333/411 in 126 PA

since May 1 vs. everyone: 187/287/282 in 289 PA

since June 3 vs. everyone: 163/272/211 in 169 PA

Is he any better than Pearce?

Because that's whose roster spot he'd likely take.

last HR he hit was early June, you really think he could hit five the next two months?

If anything we should know, Reynolds can get absolutely torrid seemingly out of nowhere.

If they bring him back I am through with this team. I will sell the rest of my season tickets on stubhub and not renew my season tickets next year. If they are that stupid they don't deserve my money.

Please do it, O's! ;)

Seriously, that's a silly reason to give up on a team. Not sure I want Reynolds but that's irrelevant to rooting for the team. I believe they made the playoffs last year with Reynolds playing every day.

Reynolds:

vs. Lefties this season: 215/333/411 in 126 PA

since May 1 vs. everyone: 187/287/282 in 289 PA

since June 3 vs. everyone: 163/272/211 in 169 PA

Is he any better than Pearce?

Because that's whose roster spot he'd likely take.

I liked Reynolds BUT, really is he any better then Pearce? DOUBTFUL IMHO

He walks. He gets on base. He has power. He can fill in at 1B. He can carry the team when hot, which he is due for most likely looking at his recent play.

ifs and buts were candy and nuts wouldn't it be a merry Christmas? :)

June 28th is not early June. Yeah, he has gone 66 at-bats without a home run, but he hit 5+ homers in April and May. He could certainly hit 5 homers in the next 6 weeks.

• Upvote 1

He also loved it here. He was a great team guy. And I would expect a rejuvenated Reynolds if he came here.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I wonder if the ability to wipe the slate clean on his season stats would help him reset and get back to his career level of production at all.

• Upvote 1