paulcoates

Chris Ray has a brewery in Ashland Virginia

Well since we're all checking in... I was born in Richmond and raised in Chesterfield county. Lived there until this past April. Glad to see so many central VA O's fans! I'll have to check out this brewery when I come back down to visit.

Ugh pale ales are so gross you guys :|

Now if he made a nice Belgian tripel... :new_beer:

EDIT: wait, tripels are pale ales aren't they. I take it back. I'll have to try these beers somehow. But I don't like too many hops.

Edited by Barnaby Graves

Ugh pale ales are so gross you guys :|

Now if he made a nice Belgian tripel... :new_beer:

EDIT: wait, tripels are pale ales aren't they. I take it back. I'll have to try these beers somehow. But I don't like too many hops.

No way dude, pale ales are the ****.

No way dude, pale ales are the ****.

I think I was thinking more along the lines of IPA's, because every time I have a pale ale it's really really hoppy.

Like I said, my favorite beers are Belgian tripels, which are actually pale ales, but Belgian beers seem to be less hoppy. Or maybe I can't remember because Tripel Horse is 10% ABV and after two of them I can't remember if my name is Barnaby and why I'm wearing a pirate hat and stuffed parrot.

I think I was thinking more along the lines of IPA's, because every time I have a pale ale it's really really hoppy.

Like I said, my favorite beers are Belgian tripels, which are actually pale ales, but Belgian beers seem to be less hoppy. Or maybe I can't remember because Tripel Horse is 10% ABV and after two of them I can't remember if my name is Barnaby and why I'm wearing a pirate hat and stuffed parrot.

I don't think tripels are dry hopped.

I have been there, it is a cool place with good beer. They have food trucks for food. For anybody traveling from Baltimore I would suggest going to the Bowman distillery as well, fantastic tour.

I've been there quite a few times, and I love it! My favorite is the Main Street Ale. One of the best parts is that you can bring in or order your own food and take it in with you while enjoying some beers.

Yeah I live off of Springfield, close to Mountain and Staples Mill in the West End.

Same here! I live off Mountain on the other side of Staples Mill, near Crump Park.

My parents are near the brewery. Chris moved there because his wife if a native and he runs the brewery with his brother-in-law. My Dad got some of the beer at the wine shop in Ashland (don't know its name) during a tasting event before Christmas.

Its decent beer.