Sign in to follow this  
dorfmac

Solution at WR?

Would Boldin come back to the Ravens, it seamed that he wasn't too happy when he left?

He was not too happy that they asked him to take a pay cut.

Money changes everything.

He was not too happy that they asked him to take a pay cut.

Money changes everything.

Money situation hasn't changed, has it, except Facco's contract continues to count more $$$$ to the cap every year?

Money situation hasn't changed, has it, except Facco's contract continues to count more $$$$ to the cap every year?

It depends where they want to spend their money. Jacoby Jones and Pitta are noth free agents. In addition Leach will be coming off of the books. They can free up some money. I don't think that it's an insurmountable situation despite Flacco's escalation in salary.

what if the team took a flyer on blackmon who is going to be cut. he has talent as well as a lot of baggage.

I think he is next years Gordon. The people who would have liked to see us acquire Gordon (such as myself) will want to see a push for Blackmon, and the people who didn't like Gordon will not want Blackmon either. He's got immense talent, was crazy good at Oklahoma State - he's just a moron.

If we can get him for a 3rd, or if he's flat out released, I do it in a heartbeat.

Edited by dorfmac

The Ravens would be foolish to draft a WR in round one. The Ravens top priority just be to fix the line to protect Flacco and improve the running game.

I think he is next years Gordon. The people who would have liked to see us acquire Gordon (such as myself) will want to see a push for Blackmon, and the people who didn't like Gordon will not want Blackmon either. He's got immense talent, was crazy good at Oklahoma State - he's just a moron.

If we can get him for a 3rd, or if he's flat out released, I do it in a heartbeat.

Check out this article on Blackmon, he seems like a genuinely good dude, I'm not sure why he keeps getting himself in trouble with the league.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400617/gene-frenette/2012-04-28/gene-frenette-justin-blackmon-true-hero-little-girl

He has the potential to be the best wide receiver in the NFL.

what if the team took a flyer on blackmon who is going to be cut. he has talent as well as a lot of baggage.

No Ray Lewis in the locker room to keep Blackmon on the right track.

No Ray Lewis in the locker room to keep Blackmon on the right track.

I don't think player leadership, with or without Lewis, will ever be a problem with the Ravens. Player leadership is an Ozzie thing, not a Ray thing. It just so happened in valuing that quality in players, Ozzie may have drafted an undersized LB who could be considered the best player leader ever.

I agree. Maclin is a name floating under the radar, right now. He's definitely a high reward type of signing.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

I don't think Maclin is floating under the radar really. I would imagine he is one of the top WRs on the market if he checks out medically. As much as we would love it I don't think he is going to be a cheap signing unless there are some serious serious questions about his recovery.

If they would have taken a third or fourth rounder last year for him, and he led the league in receiving for us, you wouldn't have thought that was worth it? Guarantee we would have been a playoff team, even with our oline in shambles and pitta out.

I'm not saying I would, but even in retrospect I think you can make a justifiable argument. Especially if there is still team control even after a suspended season.