xian4

Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

To their defense, the guys they've brought up haven't exactly given them reason to trust their own system. Britton, Matusz and Arrieta have produced one overpaid LOOGY. Tillman is the only guy who has been through our system and succeeded. Of course, he needed to be completely broken down and rebuilt by Peterson.

That sounds more like an indictment than a defense :) But I get what you're saying.

Different regime.

Hmm...changes at the top, certainly, but how much has changed with the scouting ranks, methodologies, etc.? I'd love to get some contrary information, but it seems like many of the changes wrought by the "regime change" were largely cosmetic (one notable exception being Peterson).

And even forgetting the above for a moment, DD had his two year anniversary in November, and Peterson's will be in January. How long should it take before the MiL system is ready to at least provide bullpen arms to the ML club?

Hmm...changes at the top, certainly, but how much has changed with the scouting ranks, methodologies, etc.? I'd love to get some contrary information, but it seems like many of the changes wrought by the "regime change" were largely cosmetic (one notable exception being Peterson).

And even forgetting the above for a moment, DD had his two year anniversary in November, and Peterson's will be in January. How long should it take before the MiL system is ready to at least provide bullpen arms to the ML club?

New scouting director. Reassignment of scouts.

I'm not sure of all the changes, but I'm sure there are more. I think a big change came with Buck getting everyone on the same page with development and what he wanted accomplished. Remember, he was always visiting the minors when he started.

Fred Ferreia (sic?), has been a welcome addition.

Baltimore is believed to be willing to make Cruz a four-year offer in the range of the $60-million deal

I'M LOVING IT

Well those who want moves instead of good moves will be pleased by this tweet.

I have to question the competence of any front office that thinks Cruz is a good allocation of resources.

Baltimore is believed to be willing to make Cruz a four-year offer in the range of the $60-million deal

I'M LOVING IT

Willingness to spend $ yes, but Cruz?

I'M LOVING IT

He hasn't been worth 2 WAR since 2010, and you want to pay him $15M per until he's 37? Good grief.

That's not even to mention giving up the pick.

If they make this move, DD should be fired.