Roll Tide

New offensive coordinator candidates ....who you want?

Who is your choice for OC  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your choice for OC

• Norv Turner
    • Gary Kubiak
    • Brad Childress
    • Rob Chudzinski
    • Jim Hostler
    • Other

Gary Kubiak (former Houston Texans coach): It's hard to argue with his track record. In eight seasons with the Texans, the offense ranked in the top five three times and in the top half of the NFL seven times.

Brad Childress

Norv Turner He was a bad head coach but he's been a great offensive coordinator. I believe Turner makes the most sense because he can make the biggest impact on Joe Flacco.

Mike Sullivan

Kyle Shanahan

Ben McAdoo

Bill Lazor

Rob Chudzinski (former Cleveland Browns head coach): he wasn't lauded as an offensive guru in his final season as the Carolina Panthers' offensive coordinator. Cam Newton regressed in his second season under Chudzinski, and running back DeAngelo Williams was highly critical of Chudzinski after he was hired by the Browns.

Edited by Roll Tide

Norv Turner.

Would love for them to look at Joe Lombardi, QB coach of the Saints but

unfortunately he has no ties to Harbs and therefore wont be considered.

I'm afraid its gonna be Hostler or Castillo. If so Bisciotti is letting Harbs hang

himself with his stubbornness to only hire friends...

As I said in another thread, my only hope is that it is some fresh, outside blood that can look at the offense from a completely fresh perspective. In other words, anyone but Hostler or Castillo, who have been part of the offense, and would be more likely to try to just tweak things. Nothing against those guys or their credentials, but I just think we need JH to hand the reins over to someone with good credentials and let them make any and all changes they need to.

If Harbaugh hires Hostler and keeps Castillo (a given), in two years the Ravens will be starting from ground zero. Harbaugh will be fired, and there will be serious doubts about Flacco's future. Just my opinion. The Ravens need to hire Turner or Kubiak, with a few dark horses as possibilities.

If Harbaugh hires Hostler and keeps Castillo (a given), in two years the Ravens will be starting from ground zero. Harbaugh will be fired, and there will be serious doubts about Flacco's future. Just my opinion. The Ravens need to hire Turner or Kubiak, with a few dark horses as possibilities.

I agree...Norv is the best fit ...but I like Kubiak as well

Kubiak would be a great hire. I put the majority of Houston's offensive problems on their horrific quarterback play. Give Kubiak a legit QB and he can make it work. Norv Turner would be a good option as well.

I answered Turner on the poll. I also like Kubiak who released Jacoby Jones. We need to keep Jacoby. He is the best part of our special teams. Would he release him a second time?

Edited by section18

I answered Turner on the poll. I also like Kubiak who released Jacoby Jones. We need to keep Jacoby. He is the best part of our special teams. Would he release him a second time?

He couldn't release him as OC...Jacoby shouldn't be more than a 4th or 5th WR.

Norv Turner is still under contract so I'm going with Kubiak. His offenses have always been in the top of the league and it works well with a legitimate QB. No way Hostler should be considered. He wasn't even good at his receiver coaching job last year.

Even though Norv is still under contract, he won't be back in Cleveland. Jason La Canfora said on 105.7, Turner and owner Jimmy Haslem, had a huge blowup after Chud was fired. No way he's back. Another team can hire him with the Browns paying the remainder of his contract. They are still paying Holmgren, Shurmur, and now Chud. Pathetic!

If we get Norv, then Joe Flacco, Dennis Pitta, and Torrey Smith will be in the Pro Bowl next year. I'm callin' it right now.

Look what Norv did last year with 4 different QB's, one good WR (Gordon), and a good TE (Cameron). Jason Campbell looked like Peyton Manning against us. Not to mention what he's done with Brad Johnson in D.C., Rivers in San Diego, and Troy Aikman in Dallas. BTW, I've always thought that Flacco compares favorably to Troy Aikman, as far as skill set.

Norv and Joe is a perfect marriage.

Update: Ed Werder tweeted that Browns assistants have been able to interview since Dec. 30th.

Edited by Flacco Machado

Norv Turner is an average at best, but he's a darn good offensive coordinator with a proven track record, and a history of working well with QB's. It's time to start fresh, or as fresh as possible and bring in a new staff to shake things up offensively.

All that said, I have no reason to believe it will be anybody other than Hosler or someone else already on the staff. The Ravens don't tend to go outside the house for major coaching staff positions, and given Harbaugh's penchant for undying staff loyalty, I find it hard to believe he'd take somebody outside the organization.