Roll Tide

New offensive coordinator candidates ....who you want?

Who is your choice for OC  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your choice for OC

• Norv Turner
    • Gary Kubiak
    • Brad Childress
    • Rob Chudzinski
    • Jim Hostler
    • Other

Linehan sounds like a decent option compared to some of the other candidates being talked about. He built the Lions into a top 10 offense. If Kubiak, Chud, or Shanahan were liked so much I would think they would have gotten an offer by now. I do not understand the fascination with Hostler. He had one year as OC of San Francisco and did terrible. As receivers coach of the Ravens the receivers never get open. Their schemes are very vanilla. Boldin leaves and immediately has a rebirth to his career. What does this guy do for the Ravens that warrants a promotion? *

* Note: I know nothing about coaching football and I fully acknowledge John Harbaugh is more qualified than I to choose an offensive coordinator. In Johnny we trust.

No need to panic

we've interviewd Shannahan, Linehan, Hostler, and Kubiak so far. I'm guessing they are being thorough. I'm guessing the new OCs system will have to work with Castillos line scheme.

Kirby Wilson is an intriguing candidate. A few years ago he was placed into a medically induced coma after almost losing his life in a house fire. Here is a good NFL film on his life http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/0ap2000000268289/NFL-Films-Presents-Kirby-fights-for-his-life

After watching this video I am hoping he knocks his interview out of the park and is the right guy for the job. I would love to see what this guy could do to fix Ray Rice. Steelers always seem to get good running back production. Players love him. Creates a hole for Pittsburgh. Hmmmm

Sounding like Hostler is the favorite at this point.

:puke: I don't believe i...if he was the choice it would be done already IMO.

If Harbaugh goes this direction and Hostler and Castillo flub in 2014 I think we might see a house cleaning that includes Harbaugh.

:puke: I don't believe i...if he was the choice it would be done already IMO.

If Harbaugh goes this direction and Hostler and Castillo flub in 2014 I think we might see a house cleaning that includes Harbaugh.

And Harbs would rightly deserve it.

Bisciotti wanted changes & instead he doubles down on more of the same from one of the NFL's worst offenses!

If Harbaugh chooses from within he is making a major mistake. I don't think Ozzie will let him do it. Bisciotti taking Preston into his office after the recent press conference and giving more comments says a lot in my opinion. Harbaugh needs to stop picking friends and do what's necessary. Choose the best person available. Who is the best candidate so far? Linehan and Kubiak have the best credentials / resume. I'm okay with either one. I think the two men I mentioned from New England and Denver should also be interviewed if they are interested.

Brian Dabell - Patriots

http://www.patriots.com/team/coaches...a-2991387dc206

Brian Callahan - Broncos

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/co...1-7ad3ea5f200c

Edited by section18

If Harbaugh chooses from within he is making a major mistake. I don't think Ozzie will let him do it. Bisciotti taking Preston into his office after the recent press conference and giving more comments says a lot in my opinion. Harbaugh needs to stop picking friends and do what's necessary. Choose the best person available. Who is the best candidate so far? Linehan and Kubiak have the best credentials / resume. I'm okay with either one. I think the two men I mentioned from New England and Denver should also be interviewed if they are interested.

Brian Dabell - Patriots

http://www.patriots.com/team/coaches...a-2991387dc206

Brian Callahan - Broncos

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/co...1-7ad3ea5f200c

I really think they are waiting to interview these two. After that, they will make a decision. I can't see them going with an inhouse candidate because like others have said, if they were going to do that they would have already.

I really think they are waiting to interview these two. After that, they will make a decision. I can't see them going with an inhouse candidate because like others have said, if they were going to do that they would have already.

I could see Daboll as a candidate. He has a lot of experience and a good track record of success. Are you guys serious about Callahan? A guy not much older than Joe whose claim to fame is being on an offensive staff quarterbacked by Peyton Manning? No thanks. I thought we learned from that mistake.

I could see Daboll as a candidate. He has a lot of experience and a good track record of success. Are you guys serious about Callahan? A guy not much older than Joe whose claim to fame is being on an offensive staff quarterbacked by Peyton Manning? No thanks. I thought we learned from that mistake.

You mean how Caldwell and Joe led us to the SuperBowl 12 months ago? ;)

The link to Brian Daboll didn't open above. Here is the bio on him;

Biography

COACHING

Brian Daboll was named a New England Patriots' offesive coaching assistant for the 2013 season after re-joining the Patriots coaching staff in January of 2013 in the same capacity. The 2013 season will be Daboll's eighth season with the Patriots after serving as wide receivers coach for five previous seasons (2002-06) and as a defensive assistant (2000-01).

Daboll enters his 14th season as an NFL coach in 2013. He was hired back to New England after serving as the offensive coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012. Daboll joined Kansas City after spending one season as the offensive coordinator with the Miami Dolphins. While at Miami, the Dolphins offense had both a 1,000-yard rusher and a 1,000-yard receiver for the first time in franchise history. RB Reggie Bush picked up 1,086 yards on 216 carries and had five 100-yard rushing performances. WR Brandon Marshall caught a team-high 81 passes for 1,214 yards and recorded five 100-yard receiving games en route to a Pro Bowl appearance for the AFC squad.

Prior to joining the Dolphins, Daboll spent two seasons (2009-10) with the Cleveland Browns as offensive coordinator. The Browns' offense saw dramatic improvement in the second half of the season in Daboll's first year. Cleveland saw increased production in points scored (11.1 more points per game), red zone efficiency (20.8%), third-down efficiency (14.7%), turnovers (1.9 fewer per game) and time of possession (3:21 more per game) over the final eight games. Before Cleveland, Daboll spent two seasons (2007-08) with the New York Jets as the quarterbacks coach. While with the Jets, he helped QB Brett Favre pick up the Jets offense after the quarterback came out of retirement. In his one season under Daboll, Favre captured a Pro Bowl berth for the AFC squad and had the second-highest completion percentage of his career and fifth-best completion percentage in the NFL (65.7).

Daboll spent seven seasons (2000-06) as an assistant coach with the New England Patriots, first as a defensive assistant (2000-01) before taking over as wide receivers coach (2002-06) and helped the team to three Super Bowl titles. During his tenure in New England, he helped WR Deion Branch earn Super Bowl XXXIX MVP honors in the Patriots' win against Philadelphia following the 2004 season. Branch became the first wide receiver to win the honor since San Francisco's Jerry Rice in Super Bowl XXIII after the 1988 season.

Prior to entering the NFL ranks, Daboll spent one year (1997) as a volunteer assistant at the College of William & Mary before serving two seasons (1998-99) as a graduate assistant at Michigan State University.

PLAYING

Daboll started for two seasons as a safety at the University of Rochester. As a senior, he once recorded three interceptions in a game.

PERSONAL

A 1997 graduate of the University of Rochester, the Buffalo native is married to wife, Beth with children, Christian, Haven, Marky and Aiden. Daboll also went to St. Francis High School in Buffalo with Jacksonville Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell, San Diego Chargers GM Tom Telesco and Brian Polian, head coach at the University of Nevada.

I think its more they're taking their time because they don't need to rush. The combine is still a month away and the draft three. Free agency is awhile away as well. Most of the top jobs have been filled, and the Ravens OC is one of the most desirable open I would bet. I'm sure most would love to add this organization to their resume. They can afford to be thorough and make the best decision for the franchise and the team.

I think its more they're taking their time because they don't need to rush. The combine is still a month away and the draft three. Free agency is awhile away as well. Most of the top jobs have been filled, and the Ravens OC is one of the most desirable open I would bet. I'm sure most would love to add this organization to their resume. They can afford to be thorough and make the best decision for the franchise and the team.

Plus would they really spent all thus effort just to promote Hostler?