isestrex

Yanks get Tanaka 7y/$155M

People the Yanks fielded a AAA team last year and finished with 85 wins.

Gardner Ellsbury Beltran 2014 >>>>> Gardner Suzuki Soriano 2013

McCann 2014 >>>>>>> Cervelli

Jeter 2014 >>>>> Ryan

Tex for a full year

Cano??

Brian McCann and his swing are a nice fit for Yankee stadium. I suppose we will have to play the games before the verdict is in, but they targeted him and that left handed power swing for a reason. The Yankees should be healthier under any measure next season and are simply a better 2014 team given their moves. I just don't see how anyone can reasonably argue otherwise. Injuries are a part of the game and may enter into the O's equation next year for all we know.

They may, but the injury history and age is on the O's side in a comparison of the two clubs' injury risk profiles.

If they get 130 games from both Jeter and Tex 100 runs is doable. 2013 Jeter only played 17 games and Tex 15

So we are just ignoring the fact that they are both another year older, have shown consistent decline even when healthy that that they have both missed significant time the last two years?

We are just ignoring that huh.

Another reason as to why the MLB needs a different salary structure. In 10-15 years, we will see our first billion dollar contract.

The 2005 White Sox had a payroll of 75,228,000. That is well below 100M in 2014 dollars.

I said 2014 standards. In 2005 that was high. In 2005 we had only 3 teams with payrolls of 100m plus now we got 15 teams.

I said 2014 standards. In 2005 that was high. In 2005 we had only 3 teams with payrolls of 100m plus now we got 15 teams.

Right, I adjusted the 2005 payroll to 2014 money.

Roberts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cano.

Much like Saunders and Andino, now that he is no longer an Oriole, some (a minority, mind you) will be critical of DD letting that production go, no matter what that production actually happens to be.

So they'll win 850 games? ;)

I think it's a mixed bag, for reasons I said earlier. They could improve their run differential substantially and still not improve their record.

I agree. Even with Tanaka, that starting rotation is full of question marks and they have no proven closer for the first time in 18yrs.

I am assuming he would be playing, you know, regular center field.

Ahhhhhh, you meant a new position, "short center field." I was thinking a center fielder who happens to be short ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Even with Tanaka, that starting rotation is full of question marks and they have no proven closer for the first time in 18yrs.

I question the age of the position players a lot more then the bullpen.