OrangeJerseys

Opening Day Tix

I heard around the 24th of March. But don't quote me on it.

If you buy season tickets they will come.

I was told by a rep about 2 weeks ago that the Junior O's Dugout Club packets would be going out very soon- any idea if that has happened yet?

I was told by a rep about 2 weeks ago that the Junior O's Dugout Club packets would be going out very soon- any idea if that has happened yet?

I picked my daughters up at FanFest this year, that was a first. I don't know when the rest will be mailed out.

Anybody know if/when the Orioles will be selling Opening Day tickets through their box office? I vaguely remember them not selling any last year.

Isn't the game sold-out?

My Opening Day tickets arrived yesterday. I'm assuming the season tickets will arrive by the third week or March or so.

It's my understanding that Opening Day tix are not going on sale to the general public, that they were only available to season ticket holders. Your best bet is probably StubHub if you're not a season ticket holder.

Also if you are planning on buy Opening Day tickets via StubHub, Craigslist, etc. expect to pay double or more than what prices were last year.

Due to the Orioles new VTS (Variable Ticketing Strategy), Opening Day is considered an Elite price game. Seats that cost me $42/game ST price (2013) were now priced at $70++ (2014)

:scratchchinhmm:

Also if you are planning on buy Opening Day tickets via StubHub, Craigslist, etc. expect to pay double or more than what prices were last year.

Due to the Orioles new VTS (Variable Ticketing Strategy), Opening Day is considered an Elite price game. Seats that cost me $42/game ST price (2013) were now priced at $70++ (2014)

:scratchchinhmm:

I don't think that prices will go up due to the Orioles raising prices. The prices on stubhub will be whatever the market can handle. I think opening day will be higher due to the fact that we are playing the Red Sox and this is actually opening day, not just the first home game. I don't think they will be close to double last year. I do know I'm charging my friends double what they paid me last year. Last year we paid $15 for lower reserve. This year they are $26 plus fees so about $30. Last year and this year they are going for about $150-$200 on stubhub.

I think stubhub prices caused the Orioles to come up with this dynamic pricing structure so that they are more inline with stubhub prices. I don't think that stubhub prices for any game will be much different then last year. For instance, last year for a mid week spring game you could get a field box ticket for $30, while if you went to the box office you would pay double that. For Prime games, you would probably be able to get them a bit cheaper at the box office, unless it's a sold out game. This year, the O's will have lower prices for the mid week spring games and much much higher prices for the prime/elite games.

I know last year I went to about 5 extra games using stubhub versus using my season ticket holder discount. The Orioles goal would be for them to have closer pricing to stubhub and with dynamic pricing it gives them this flexibility.

My tickets came in the mail today.

I know we play Boston this year but last year Opening Day was on a Friday which is a much better day than Monday. People could stay after the game downtown and not have to worry about work the next day and start off their weekend.

My tickets came in the mail today.

I know we play Boston this year but last year Opening Day was on a Friday which is a much better day than Monday. People could stay after the game downtown and not have to worry about work the next day and start off their weekend.

That's because they opened on the road last year. The Friday 'Opening Day' was the hone opener.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MLB did start the whole season on Friday 2 or 4 years ago (it was a year we opened at home). I liked that, and wish they'd go back to that. Of course, since we're now alternating the years opening at home, it doesn't matter too much since when we open at home like this year, it will be Monday, but if we open on the road it will be Friday for the first home game.

MLB did start the whole season on Friday 2 or 4 years ago (it was a year we opened at home). I liked that, and wish they'd go back to that. Of course, since we're now alternating the years opening at home, it doesn't matter too much since when we open at home like this year, it will be Monday, but if we open on the road it will be Friday for the first home game.

Yeah they did that in 2011 and 2012. FOX wanted the World Series to start on a Wednesday instead of Saturday. That started in 2007 but then people complained there were too many off days during the postseason so they started the regular season on a Friday to compensate. Then because of the second wild card they went back to a Monday start like normal. 2012 we did that. Also had Friday home openers in 2010 and 2013 but opened on road.

I don't think that prices will go up due to the Orioles raising prices. The prices on stubhub will be whatever the market can handle. I think opening day will be higher due to the fact that we are playing the Red Sox and this is actually opening day, not just the first home game. I don't think they will be close to double last year. I do know I'm charging my friends double what they paid me last year. Last year we paid $15 for lower reserve. This year they are $26 plus fees so about $30. Last year and this year they are going for about $150-$200 on stubhub.

I think stubhub prices caused the Orioles to come up with this dynamic pricing structure so that they are more inline with stubhub prices. I don't think that stubhub prices for any game will be much different then last year. For instance, last year for a mid week spring game you could get a field box ticket for $30, while if you went to the box office you would pay double that. For Prime games, you would probably be able to get them a bit cheaper at the box office, unless it's a sold out game. This year, the O's will have lower prices for the mid week spring games and much much higher prices for the prime/elite games.

I know last year I went to about 5 extra games using stubhub versus using my season ticket holder discount. The Orioles goal would be for them to have closer pricing to stubhub and with dynamic pricing it gives them this flexibility.

Yeah I paid $154.00 for 2 additional OD tickets in the Field Box. Pretty sure those seats will be listed on StubHub for $300+ / pair, not $200.00 like 2013. StubHub fee's / comissions are insane.

My point wasnt really about the other pricing. Most MLB teams have already been doing VTS for years and it seems to work very well for non season ticket sales.