Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

My Cat Died

My elderly cat just got blood work back with bad news for his liver. Could be really bad but who knows.

Ommaculate and I operate the same way, you love them until they die, then you rescue another one who needs a good home.

I recently decided to stop giving my cat food from regular grocery stores. All the dry food has corn in it, and all the wet food has meat by-products. Why would cats need to eat corn? By products are the ground up bones and feathers and who knows what else.

Even though I have been fooled by the supposedly good food called "Purina One" it's still garbage.

So I go to the pet store and get the natural stuff now. Can't believe it took me over 10 years to realize this. Natural choice is a good brand it's the only thing the cat will eat, picky eaters they are.

Edited by Ommaculate

I adopted a cat years ago who was homeless because his owner had a stroke and could no longer care for the cat. Cougar lived with us for 12 wonderful years...so I guess he was around 16 total. He battled a few serious health issues during the last year of his life. His death wasn't quick. It was slow and sad. We went 7 years without a pet (other than pond fish). We just recently adopted a kitten from the Humane Society. It is nice to have a cat around again. He is different than cougar, but Jackson is a cool dude, too. Sorry for your loss. I just overheard my 6 year old telling his teacher that we have 5 in our family now. It is a powerful connection.

• Upvote 1