Greg

Orioles, Rays and Mets all talking to Mariners about Nick Franklin

I agree but do you really wanna pay Hardy 3 years 40m?

Oh, I wasn't saying that would necessarily be a bad thing. It all depends on how high payroll will go.

No Roger Clemens exhibit 1. Then Clemens found the juice. The rest is history.

:P Touche'! I only meant since he signed with us.

Other things came up, I guess. ST is also not over.

Hope so.

I think Manny is a thirdbaseman as long as he is an Oriole. But maybe not.

Hope so!

Wouldn't Schoop likely move to 3rd in this scenario? Or are you simply thinking that maybe Manny stays at SS.

Flaherty's most value would be in a super sub Melvin Mora type role. If we were to get Franklin this year he would be the starter at 2nd and Flaherty would play 3rd until Machado comes back. I don't think JJ is going to be giving us any type of discount especially when the Yankees will be in the market for a SS. This is the type of trade that I would like to see us make that helps us now and for the future. Fortunately for us right now Ed Rod is a luxury.

Flaherty's most value would be in a super sub Melvin Mora type role. If we were to get Franklin this year he would be the starter at 2nd and Flaherty would play 3rd until Machado comes back. I don't think JJ is going to be giving us any type of discount especially when the Yankees will be in the market for a SS. This is the type of trade that I would like to see us make that helps us now and for the future. Fortunately for us right now Ed Rod is a luxury.

The post I quoted was talking about who plays ss in 2015 on a hardy-less orioles roster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Mariners would have taken Jim Johnson for Franklin?

They apparently didn't want Johnson for anything more than Jemile Weeks andan obscure PTBNL, so what makes you think they would have traded Franklin for him?

Meaning he would develop into an All-Star outfielder (2003) and third baseman (2005) who also wins the Silver Slugging Award (2004)?

They apparently didn't want Johnson for anything more than Jemile Weeks andan obscure PTBNL, so what makes you think they would have traded Franklin for him?

I didn't think anything; I was just asking.