Sign in to follow this  
OsLuvrInKy

Orioles have claimed INF David Adams DFA Kelvin De La Cruz

Maybe they don't trust weeks and want schoop down at AAA to start the season. In flahertys ML career, he has made only 2/111 starts vs. lhp. I figured the plan was always to platoon him to some degree if possible.

Edit - if there is an option, this may be moot. In that case, though, why would Cleveland get rid of him?

Maybe they don't trust weeks and want schoop down at AAA to start the season. In flahertys ML career, he has made only 2/111 starts vs. lhp. I figured the plan was always to platoon him to some degree if possible.

Edit - if there is an option, this may be moot. In that case, though, why would Cleveland get rid of him?

To get him off the 40 man roster.

Adams has one option left. He is a high OBP guy in the minors. No doubt headed for Norfolk.

Meek is likely to be promoted to the O's 25 man roster. He is the O's optionable guy in the pen. He has one option left.

So you're saying he's going to be on the Norfolk express when we need to call up an arm to supplement the bp after some heavy use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're saying he's going to be on the Norfolk express when we need to call up an arm to supplement the bp after some heavy use?

Options and injuries make room on the 25 man roster. Meek has the option.

Options and injuries make room on the 25 man roster. Meek has the option.

I get that. Just making sure that's what you were implying, that he'll give us flexibility to make a spot on the 25 when needed.

I think we just uncovered the reason that ESPN's power rankings are always fubared.

That drive worked in Texas. For Elimination Joe. And it came oh, so, close to working against NY. Except for Jim Johnson's probability coming back to roost.

I get that. Just making sure that's what you were implying, that he'll give us flexibility to make a spot on the 25 when needed.

Yes. I agree.

I guess the O's have the ability to promote Aceves and keep Meek in the minors until they need him. Aceves is out of options.

"Adams is a versatile player who can play second base and third base, and is capable on-base hitter with some power."

Kind of confusing. We have Weeks, Schoop, Castilla, De Jesus, and Cord Phelps. We have Alex Gonzalez too. David Adams has a career .866 OPS against LHP's in the minors (226 PA's) but only had a .482 OPS in 62 PA's against them in the majors last year. Is he depth at Norfolk or a possible platoon partner for Flaherty?

Kind of confusing. We have Weeks, Schoop, Castilla, De Jesus, and Cord Phelps. We have Alex Gonzalez too. David Adams has a career .866 OPS against LHP's in the minors (226 PA's) but only had a .482 OPS in 62 PA's against them in the majors last year. Is he depth at Norfolk or a possible platoon partner for Flaherty?

Gonzalez has anemia and blood in the stool. Cord has not impressed anyone. Casilla is not a thirdbaseman. And we do still have Almanzar. It's interesting. We may try to send him through waivers the way we did the last third-baseman that we took a flyer on. Who never even reported. Jimmy Paredes