Frobby

Snyder's attempt to defuse the "Redskins" name controversy

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure we can dig up some dirt on Lord Baltimore!

A quick Wikipedia scan turns up nothing.  Let’s go ahead and cancel him anyway just to be safe.  He was a white nobleman in the 1600s, I’m sure he was a dick. 

10 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

A quick Wikipedia scan turns up nothing.  Let’s go ahead and cancel him anyway just to be safe.  He was a white nobleman in the 1600s, I’m sure he was a dick. 

You should have taken a closer look at the painting on his wiki page.

large_ccalvert.jpg

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Don't forget the Warriors, Patriots and 76's.

Technically speaking Wizard is derogatory.

How could Patriots or 76ers offend anyone.  You are trying to trivialize the slur against native Americans by saying nonsense,

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

How could Patriots or 76ers offend anyone.  You are trying to trivialize the slur against native Americans by saying nonsense,

How could the Rangers offend anyone?

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How could the Rangers offend anyone?

It couldn’t.  

1 hour ago, atomic said:

That is ridiculous.  

It's ridiculous but look in the lens of what is happening in society right now.  We've gone beyond taking down confederate civil war statues and are going after other statues for racist things that the founding founders did (such as owning slaves) as well as Christopher Columbus.  

I figured the Cowboys and Rangers would join the Braves, Chiefs and Indians on the chopping block.  Cowboys worked the "free" land as westward expansion happened.  Rangers helped round up and kill countless Natives.  Changing the Washington team name is going to cause quite a ripple effect through sports names. 

11 hours ago, atomic said:

It couldn’t.  

Looks you are staying true to your color, and clueless as usual.

With the society lens as it is right now, anything related to police, is considered offensive to some, as they burn police stations, ambush and kill police officers.

Just for your knowledge. In Texas, the Rangers work for the Texas PD and could be considered State Troopers.

So keep trolling on, thats what you do so well.

Apparently a trademark troll has cornered all the good names....or at least the names Snyder would think were cool:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/us/washington-nfl-trademark-spt-trnd/index.html

He claims not to be a troll, just someone who wants the name to be Washington Pandas

Speaking of trademark infringement, I think the state name Washington is depressingly unimaginative. You get one of the last chances to name a state and that is what you come up with???? They had all sorts of names to choose from. Some would no doubt be considered offensive today (which would just give us added fun getting to come up with another name), as well as a universe of more innocuous but nevertheless more place descriptive names. How about Salmon? Or tree? Or double macchiato?

12 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Apparently a trademark troll has cornered all the good names....or at least the names Snyder would think were cool:

He claims not to be a troll, just someone who wants the name to be Washington Pandas

Speaking of trademark infringement, I think the state name Washington is depressingly unimaginative. You get one of the last chances to name a state and that is what you come up with???? They had all sorts of names to choose from. Some would no doubt be considered offensive today (which would just give us added fun getting to come up with another name), as well as a universe of more innocuous but nevertheless more place descriptive names. How about Salmon? Or tree? Or double macchiato?

Could have named it Walla Walla.  Then you could have Walla Walla Walla Walla.

11 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Looks you are staying true to your color, and clueless as usual.

With the society lens as it is right now, anything related to police, is considered offensive to some, as they burn police stations, ambush and kill police officers.

Just for your knowledge. In Texas, the Rangers work for the Texas PD and could be considered State Troopers.

So keep trolling on, thats what you do so well.

I wish ignite worked so I didn’t see your idiotic posts. You are what’s wrong with this country,

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

But it did, you saw the piece.

I think you write things that you don’t believe from time to time just like the author of that article. 

3 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

While I like the name Pandas I don’t think the Chinese government will let them take Pandas to Fed Ex field on game day. If they did it would be the greatest thing ever.