Rene88

Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

If neither Severino nor Sisco prove desirable as Rutschman's eventual backup and we only want a once-a-week guy, I have wondered if Elias might regard Wieters as someone he wants in the clubhouse as Rutschman breaks in.

But my favorite backup catcher in 2022 is Buster Posey, barring a miracle resurgence / Joey Bart implosion that induces the Giants to use his expensive 2022 option.  It's two years to go, and his body might be hopelessly broken down, but what that hit tool could do once a week and as a sometime DH on a good team is something I'd like to find out in Baltimore.

1 minute ago, OrioleDog said:

If neither Severino nor Sisco prove desirable as Rutschman's eventual backup and we only want a once-a-week guy, I have wondered if Elias might regard Wieters as someone he wants in the clubhouse as Rutschman breaks in.

But my favorite backup catcher in 2022 is Buster Posey, barring a miracle resurgence / Joey Bart implosion that induces the Giants to use his expensive 2022 option.  It's two years to go, and his body might be hopelessly broken down, but what that hit tool could do once a week and as a sometime DH on a good team is something I'd like to find out in Baltimore.

Unless Buster really has a thing for orange and black I don't see a fit.

Bud Norris signs a minor league deal with the Phillies.   He did not pitch in the majors or minors last year.

Nats sign Welington Castillo.   They already have Kurt Suzuki and Yan Gomes so he is no lock to make the team.

Y'know, MLB / American Sports TV outlets or even better... Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+ should seek out a TV contract with the NPB.  It could be an avenue into the younger generation getting excited about baseball.  Japanese culture is huge in the states and might garner some younger viewership. Korea too, sign them up also! With how immensely popular baseball is in those countries I'm sure they'd get a lot of views and interest. Get some K-pop bands on the promo tour, bring the Japanese mascots along. 🔥 🔥 The Premier League is huge here. Why not Japanese baseball? Not to mention I'd love to check it out and would LOVE watching AJ be a superstar.  

Jonesy is loving every second of it.

I only just realized today that the independent Can Am and Frontier Leagues combined to be one league. So it's 14 teams now (seven teams from each), and the former can-am Ottawa Champions team was eliminated.