Sign in to follow this  
RZNJ

Gary Thorne Quotables Thread

I love Thorne - he has the perfect broadcasters voice.

I'm also sure (but not 100% without checking back) that on the last two games, he has talked about the Camo uniform worn on memorial day, which fans can bid on - and refered to them as 'Cameo' gear....I keep imagining you can bid on a bright red codpiece....

• Upvote 2

Anybody hear ole Gary state if the Orioles win the game tonight they will move ahead of the Yankees, while the graphic clearly showed the Yankees are 31-29 and the Orioles 30-29, so if the O's win they don't move ahead of them at all, they are tied!

This is the kind of absurd errors he makes that keeps him from being a top echelon announcer. HOFER he will never be, and this is why.

Anybody hear ole Gary state if the Orioles win the game tonight they will move ahead of the Yankees, while the graphic clearly showed the Yankees are 31-29 and the Orioles 30-29, so if the O's win they don't move ahead of them at all, they are tied!

This is the kind of absurd errors he makes that keeps him from being a top echelon announcer. HOFER he will never be, and this is why.

Dude's got a golden voice, that's all I care about.

Ever hear the Nat's broadcast? Bob Carpenter is about as boring sounding as his name would imply.

Dude's got a golden voice, that's all I care about.

Ever hear the Nat's broadcast? Bob Carpenter is about as boring sounding as his name would imply.

His only redeeming quality is his golden voice I agree.

Guess Mr. Thorne was correct, Yankees are 31-30, Orioles 31-29. The standings graphic on the broadcast might not have been updated when he made the comment.

Man he is dumb. Ripken embarrassingly corrected him (throughout the game) on the game ending foul tip caught by the catcher. Of course that's all part of his comedic genius act which makes him so funny I guess.

Edited by CA-ORIOLE
typo

Anyone catch him reference Bob Wills on Friday night? Yessir, Mr. Thorne is quite alright by me!

[video=youtube_share;ZFef08YZ6qk]

Ha! Loved it! Bob Wills is up there with Buck on my list of heroes!

• Upvote 1

Guest rochester
Man he us dumb. Ripken embarrassingly corrected him (throughout the game) on the game ending foul tip caught by the catcher. Of course that's all part of his comedic genius act which makes him so funny I guess.

Yup, he sure us! (sorry couldn't pass it up) :o

Except he was correct so, yeah. You can stop making a fool of yourself any time now.

I still remember the Michael Reghi days............

Thorne is good except he recites stupid stats. David Lough has a 3 game hitting streak. Who cares?

Hunter bothers me the most...especially when he does interviews. When he asks a question, it always has what he hopes the answer is in it?

Guess Mr. Thorne was correct, Yankees are 31-30, Orioles 31-29. The standings graphic on the broadcast might not have been updated when he made the comment.

Then he should have pointed that out...either way he is never on top of anything.

Except he was correct so, yeah. You can stop making a fool of yourself any time now.

I am not making a fool of myself, you are. Thorne should have pointed it out if the graphics were wrong, if he was really on top of his game.