blid

Nationals fans angry about Orioles

He's crazy' date=' how did he even get a job on radio to begin with?

I'm not from Baltimore, born in DC and grew up in Silver Spring as a O's fan, will always be a O's fan and never root on the curly W. With the exception of my boss all the the redskins fan I know like myself are O's fans and none of us has have anything good to say about Snyder and could care less about the nats.

There are plenty of crazy redskins fans out there (go 2-0 in preseason means eventual Super Bowl champs etc.), that is evident as it is with any sports team. To say all redskins fans are stupid and uneducated is foolish.[/quote']

I honestly don't know. First time I heard him though funnily enough was talking about the Redskins. He was slobbering over Colt Brennan. As I said, I got no dog in the Redskins-Ravens fight so that's that. You're going to meet fans of any team that are obnoxious. I think what Dukes just doesn't want to understand is yeah people like me aren't Baltimorians or even Marylanders but we grew up with the O's. We unlike our parents have

no memories of Harmon Killebrew or if you're my older cousins of Frank Howard. For 17 years, the only baseball team within 100 miles of me was the Orioles and the Expos moving to D.C wasn't going to change that

at all. If people want to root for the Nats only, that's fine IMO but the childish derision that exists among people like him who picked up the Nats without hesitation annoys me.

OK, I saw the full text of Dukes' "argument." He essentially says that he understands people who grew up rooting for the O's when D.C didn't have a team, and that he himself was and still is something of a Cubs fan. But he feels that D.C area O's fans should have switched as soon as D.C got a team.
He's crazy' date=' how did he even get a job on radio to begin with?

I'm not from Baltimore, born in DC and grew up in Silver Spring as a O's fan, will always be a O's fan and never root on the curly W. With the exception of my boss all the the redskins fan I know like myself are O's fans and none of us has have anything good to say about Snyder and could care less about the nats.

There are plenty of crazy redskins fans out there (go 2-0 in preseason means eventual Super Bowl champs etc.), that is evident as it is with any sports team. To say all redskins fans are stupid and uneducated is foolish.[/quote']

Even if I ever do come to the realization that New York has a couple of baseball teams (I've heard rumors about these so-called Yankees in the Bronx and these so-called Metropolitans in Queens, but I haven't heard or seen anything to substantiate said rumors), I don't think that I will ever stop rooting for the Orioles and/or start rooting for one of those New York teams that may or may not exist.

I signed an emotional contract with my 3 favorite teams when I was 6 years-old in the fall of 1971, and that contract is for life, and is non-negotiable.

• Upvote 1

Even if I ever do come to the realization that New York has a couple of baseball teams (I've heard rumors about these so-called Yankees in the Bronx and these so-called Metropolitans in Queens, but I haven't heard or seen anything to substantiate said rumors), I don't think that I will ever stop rooting for the Orioles and/or start rooting for one of those New York teams that may or may not exist.

I signed an emotional contract with my 3 favorite teams when I was 6 years-old in the fall of 1971, and that contract is for life, and is non-negotiable.

I am Oriole and Ravens guy and will always be. I dont have any hostility toward the Skins. They are in the other conference so to me it doesnt matter. I dont care about the Wizards/Bullets and Capitals and would feel indifferent even if they played in Baltimore.

Even though I've been accused I really dont have anything against the Nationals. I'll never be a fan of the team but perhaps might attend a game sometime. I like Harper, and Zimmerman because they are good baseball players. The move from Montreal to DC hurts the Orioles in the worst possible way and that was the TV market. Despite the fact that Angelos got the better end of the deal it the TELEVISION MARKET is still split. This has nothing to do with depriving DC of a team or the DC areas ability or desire to support a team.. The fact is that the Big Market teams and the rest are determined by the size and power of their TV MARKET. If and when the economics of baseball changes then teams will have equal chance and resources. I dont believe that will ever happen.

I am with you, OFFNY. Maybe it's not how everyone works but I am an Orioles fan for life and I couldn't imagine switching for anything. If the Orioles ever move (god forbid) I don't think I could adopt another team.

I'm a native Virginian, by the way, so I wonder if that means I was supposed to switch to the Nats in 2005?

• Upvote 1

This thread has bothered me to the point where I feel like I have to make this post. Normally I'm on the OH to simply read about the Orioles and further my baseball education with those on here who like to share it. In fact, you can read my post history and see when I've posted in the past it's about things like my experiences at O's games or hoping to get more information about an upcoming O's fanfest. Not to make a post like this one.

It bothers the living hell out of me the agnst some people have posted on here about the Redskins fans. We're uneducated and stupid? Ravens fans are amazing and know-all? Excuse me for laughing in your face. I grew up in the Bowie area, born in 1983 and became a fan of the Orioles, Redskins, Capitals, and Terps. When the Ravens first became a franchise, I didn't care at all. Maybe I'd root for an AFC team now? Then the year 2000 happened and the Ravens won the Super Bowl and everything changed. Ravens fans lost all class in my face, throwing their Super Bowl victory in my face like I had rooted against or hated the Ravens prior to that season. Over the years I've run into more stupid Ravens fans than I can even count. In fact, I know more about the Ravens franchise than the typical fan I run across in my lifetime. I've heard quotes of things like "Ray Lewis is the best linebacker to be drafted in the NFL out of USC" and "I was so happy when we drafted Anquan Boldin." Or how about how "elite" Joe Flacco is at QB? But if I bring up the fact that RG3's QB rating last year, you know the year he was "terrible", his QB rating was better than 3 of Flacco's seasons I'm an idiot? Want to talk turnovers? Last year RG3 had a "terrible" 18 turnovers compared to the following years for Flacco: 18, 18, 17, 21, 16, and 30. Or how about RG3's rookie season he had a QB rating of 102.4 whereas Flacco has never posted a rating over 94. What I absolutely loved is when all the Ravens fans cheered on facebook when Ngata hurt RG3's knee, rubbing it in my face at work and in social settings. Yep, Ravens fans are much smarter and kinder than Redskins fans.

How about every fanbase has their idiots? Every fanbase also has their educated fans that don't deserve to be lumped into an "idiot fanbase." I have several friends who are Ravens fans that are educated whom I enjoy chatting with football about. Plus there have been other Ravens fans I didn't even know and enjoyed chatting with them about football. Yeah sure there are friendly barbs at each other, but we know the other person knows what they're talking about. The fact is I know not all Ravens fans are stupid and as such I don't hate Ravens fans or pointlessly bash them on message boards at every opportunity I get.

To be fair in my post, I've also been called a "traitor" by other Nats fans I know and have run into at bars or on other comment threads. Simply because I'm a fan of every other team in DC I'm supposed to switch my alliance because of a new team showing up? How about no.

And to the person who had to say something about the federal government workers. Learn before you speak. As long as I've been a federal employee (going on 7 years now) the agencies I've worked for have had to follow the federally mandated policy that they can hire 1 new employee for every 3 employees who leave. That means more and more work is being given to less and less employees.

Point being, educate yourself. There are stupid fans in every fan base. I've had to correct dumb Orioles fans at games before. One fun example was I heard a guy say "the O's really need some pitching. Why don't they just trade Adam Jones for Clayton Kershaw. Done deal." I had to correct him with the litany of reasons why the Dodgers wouldn't do it and he argued until he was blue in the face. You can't fix stupid, but not all of us Redskin fans are stupid.

End thread. This post says it all. Thanks for saying it better than I could.

Also, I was born in Bowie in 1982. Cheers.

Williams might have won the battle but he is going to lose the war.

I'm good with the delta bravo being taken down a notch and the Gnats shooting themselves in the foot.

So I'm confused. Is this a "hate on Nationals" thread or a "hate on Orioles fans who don't root for the Ravens" thread?

Both dumb, but one more than the other.

Williams might have won the battle but he is going to lose the war.
I'm good with the delta bravo being taken down a notch and the Gnats shooting themselves in the foot.

We built this city, We built this city on logs and coal ...

Someone always playing corporation games

Who cares they're always changing corporation names

We just want to dance here, someone stole the stage

They call us irresponsible, write us off the page

Marconi plays the Mamba, listen to the radio,

I hate the Nats because of Bryce Harper. And I don't care what people say. Hate a team for whatever reason you want. Love a team for whatever reason you want. It's a free country. :thumbsup1:

• Upvote 1

So I'm confused. Is this a "hate on Nationals" thread or a "hate on Orioles fans who don't root for the Ravens" thread?

Both dumb, but one more than the other.

Actually is was about a radio host crying about a billboard of the Orioles in MARYLAND part of the DC suburbs.

Actually is was about a radio host crying about a billboard of the Orioles in MARYLAND part of the DC suburbs.

It certainly was. Seems to have gotten off track. Some folks (not you) just love to "vent" about DC.

It certainly was. Seems to have gotten off track. Some folks (not you) just love to "vent" about anything they can.

Fixed that for ya. ;)