Halos08

Bedard to Halos??

I think they said the deal would be Aybar, Wood, Morales, Rivera, and Sauders.

Ugh! I hope that this is incorrect. I'd rather have Jones alone than this group.

I don't think it's as bad as you think.

If we're making a deal with the Angels, Adenhart needs to be in it.

Why? Because he's a local guy? He lost some luster in AA as far as I'm concerned.

I think they said the deal would be Aybar, Wood, Morales, Rivera, and Sauders.

Ugh! I hope that this is incorrect. I'd rather have Jones alone than this group.

How is this a bad deal?

You get your SS in Wood...2b in Aybar...LF in Rivera...1B in Morales...and Saunders is a serviceable 5th SP.

Why? Because he's a local guy? He lost some luster in AA as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe I'm making too much of him. I thought he was one of their prized prospects. :o

Who to believe more, the guy who heard something from someone's mom or the guy who says he got an email?

Yes, but we heard things from two different SUN reporters backing up the person with someone's mom. Besides, what ever told us that that guy had any source at all? We have gotten hints from our (verified) sources saying the opposite. This will be an interesting day. Too bad wifey is making me go shop for a suit. You know who wears the pants, eh?

They must have caught MacPhail at six in the morning while he was still half asleep!

I once agreed to a three year subscription to a bodybuilding magazine! With a telemarketer catching me while I was just getting to bed after a 12 hour shift!:eek:

They must have caught MacPhail at six in the morning while he was still half asleep!

I once agreed to a three year subscription to a bodybuilding magazine! With a telemarketer catching me while I was just getting to bed after a 12 hour shift!:eek:

That just tells you Reagins is smart!

How is this a bad deal?

You get your SS in Wood...2b in Aybar...LF in Rivera...1B in Morales...and Saunders is a serviceable 5th SP.

Yeah, you fill all of those positions, but you don't really fill them well. As far as I'm concerned, Wood is the only high upside player in that bunch.

BTW, the guy supposedly got another update:

The deal with LAA will be announced sometime next week. BAL called LAA and a few other teams and told them about SEA's final offer. LAA made a late bid. BAL had talks with LAA before about Bedard, but nothing serious. SEA wasn't willing to pony up all the players BAL wanted from them. BAL wanted Jones, Triunfel, Clement, and Sherrill, but SEA wasn't willing to part with Jones and Triunfel in the same package. SEA wanted to replace Triunfel with Tillman, but BAL wouldn't budge. I'm not allowed to go public with this trade yet, there's a pending Roberts trade with another team.

-TD

You're telling me we would take that LAA package over Jones, Clement, Tillman, and Sherill?? It's gotta be a joke, either that or someone leaking out BS to try to get Seattle to squirm.

Now looking back at that e-mail that was last night and the plane tickets were issued this morning, so maybe just maybe the Angels came in with their offer and Seattle learned about this and finally gave in to MacPhail's demands to keep Bedard away from the Angels...

Ugh. Now I know how Cindy feels. "Go away Angels" until you can do a little better. I still don't see how they send Wood and Aybar?? Got to be bogus!

That's the part that makes me think this as well. I do not think that's a bad deal in theory though. You could argue that Wood=Jones (I like Jones a little better). Morales has 5 years of service time left and put up an .812 OPS. Saunders was a 12th pick overall and is at least a 4-5 starter with another 5 years of service time. Chris Tillman might have a higher ceiling but he's 50/50 to even reach the majors. Aybar was a top prospect. He still has the upside to be a good ML SS. Rivera is the one I question. He put up a very good season in 2006 but is injury prone and is a FA after this year. All of these guys are expendable by the Angels (even Wood) but it doesn't make sense for Aybar & Wood to go in the same deal. Does it? :confused:

ASSUMING THIS IS TRUE....it's not a terrible package from the Angels. If the Mariners weren't willing to meet our demands there is nothing we can do about it, but Brandon Wood will be almost as good as Adam Jones, IMO.