Halos08

Bedard to Halos??

That is a good offer. But if the offer was Jones, Tillman, Sherill, and Tui/Chen/Butler it is debatable between LAA.

You comparing one offer (LAA) which is less potential, but lower risk. The Seattle one is pretty much all risk.

Jones v. Wood - debatable, would go for Jones in end. If Aybar is coming over you assume Wood is at 3rd reducing his value.

Tillman v. Saunders - Tillman has great potential but he is in A. Agree we have a lot of potential Saunders, need to take a risk

Chen v. Aybar - Aybar wins

Sherrill v. Morales and Rivera - a wash, might give slight edge to LAA. we don't know if we could get Linebridge.

I'm not sure Jones v. Wood is that debatable. Wood's strikeout numbers are appalling.

Aybar is a bit better than a .700 OPS player in the minors and significantly worse in the majors (around .575 in a pretty decent sample size), plus his stolen base percentage hurts his team.

Aybar is destined for 2B...he's a liability at SS and has worse defensive SS stats than Cedeno

Is that why he has routinely gotten "awards" for best defensive SS in his leagues???

Rivera is good but for what I am hearing, there is a good chance Murton is in the BRob deal...Makes no sense to get both.

Only way this deal makes any sense at all is if we have gotten the Cubs to do a Pie/BRob deal.

Agree, Pie has to be in the deal for BRob if you make this deal.

Don't know what the Cubs could offer that we wouldn't have if we picked up the players from LAA. Murton would be the player that I would want, and with this deal we don't need him.

Wondering if we are sending some of our OF/DH's to LAA because of 40 man roster issues. But do they need them, that is why they are sending Rivera?

Rivera is good but for what I am hearing, there is a good chance Murton is in the BRob deal...Makes no sense to get both.

Only way this deal makes any sense at all is if we have gotten the Cubs to do a Pie/BRob deal.

Yeah we would have to get Pie now.

Aybar 2b

Pie CF

Markakis RF

Scott LF

Rivera DH

Wood SS

Hernandez C (Wieters in 2009)

Morales 1B

Mora/Moore 3B

Yeah we would have to get Pie now.

Aybar 2b

Pie CF

Markakis RF

Scott LF

Rivera DH

Wood SS

Hernandez C (Wieters in 2009)

Morales 1B

Mora/Moore 3B

My Chicago Pizza is looking better and better..Davearm:)

I'm not sure Jones v. Wood is that debatable. Wood's strikeout numbers are appalling.

Aybar has done pretty much nothing in the minors, and his stolen base percentage hurts his team.

Can be swayed, but Aybar is much more a given then Chen.

It all boils down to potential vs less risk.

The LAA deals allows us to be more competitive next year then the Sea.

Maybe AM is trying to make a deal that is in the middle between complete rebuilding and respectable. I am on the side go all out for risk, but I don't have PA looking over my shoulder.

Having great range would allow him to get to more balls, thus the chance for more errors and a lower fielding percentage because he's getting to more balls than other players.

My Chicago Pizza is looking better and better..Davearm:)

Except the Cubs have to be willing to trade Pie for BRob. LOL

Just us talking about it doesn't make it happen. :D

Can be swayed, but Aybar is much more a given then Chen.

It all boils down to potential vs less risk.

The LAA deals allows us to be more competitive next year then the Sea.

Maybe AM is trying to make a deal that is in the middle between complete rebuilding and respectable. I am on the side go all out for risk, but I don't have PA looking over my shoulder.

Even looking at just next year, between those two supposed offers, Jones would be the clear number one with Wood and Clement 2 and 2A IMHO

Errors can be corrected...No big deal.

He has a great arm and great range..Probably some mechanical issues to work through but other than that, he will be fine.

Would you rather have him or Wood at SS? Before you answer, remember we need a 2B after Brob is dealt and Aybar fits perfectly there. Now Cedeno could be our 2B, but can we also get him with Pie?

That is a good offer. But if the offer was Jones, Tillman, Sherill, and Tui/Chen/Butler it is debatable between LAA.

I think that this was the Seattle offer. From recent previous posts/reports Clement was not included in a Seattle offer. If this is the case, then the Angels offer is better imho. We would still need a CF though, so perhaps they do this deal now knowing that Pie could come back in a Roberts deal.