JTrea81

Bedard-Jones deal going down

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/mariners/2008/01/bedardjones_deal_going_down.html

"I received a call from Seattle saying that is no more playing for me and I can't do anything about that,'' Jones said. "I leave tomorrow morning...It sucks. I want to play. This is Game 4 of the finals and I really want to be there for my team, but it's something that all the guys understand. I really want to play, but I can't."

On the actual deal itself: "(Bill Bavasi) called me yesterday and told me the news. I've got to go to Baltimore tomorrow morning and handle things there. I'm the centerpiece of the deal on the Mariners side. It's an honor to get traded for such a highly talented pitcher as Bedard is. He's one of the best. Last year he finished up as an arguably one of the top candidates for the Cy Young. He's that good, so for me it's an honor. You know, I like Seattle, but if I am in Baltimore, as I think now I am, I'm going to embrace it and have the best time of my life in Major League Baseball.''

• Upvote 2

Per Rotoworld.

Report:Mariners to acquire Bedard for Jones

Adam Jones is flying to Baltimore for a physical on Monday, suggesting the Orioles and Mariners have agreed to an Erik Bedard trade.

Jones said he's been told the deal is done, though he doesn't know who is going with him to Baltimore. Asked by the Seattle Times tonight, George Sherrill said he had heard nothing to suggest he's being included. Jan. 27 - 7:27 pm et

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=MLB&hl=228388

BTW, judging by his quote about Bedard, it sounds like Adam Jones really knows a thing or two about what's going on around the major leagues. As opposed to a certain recent acquisition who wasn't aware the O's are in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox... ;)