OFFNY

vs. PIRATES, 5/01 (Game Two)

o

After only giving up 2 earned runs in his first 3 starts (21.33 innings), Chris Tillman has given up 10 earned runs in his last 2 starts (10.67 innings.)

Hence, his E.R.A. for his first 3 starts was 0.84, while his E.R.A for his last 2 starts has been 8.43.

ALSO ........

In his first 3 starts, Tillman only gave out 3 free passes (all walks) in 21.33 innings pitched, for an average of 1 free pass every 7.11 innings.

In his last 2 starts, Tillman has given out 7 free passes (6 walks and a hit batsman) in 10.67 innings pitched, for an average of 1 free pass every 1.52 innings.

Even though he got the "L", Brandon Compton was effective in his only major league game so far this season since being promoted from AAA-Indianapolis.

He gave up 2 runs over 7 innings, walked 1, and struck out 5.

HOWEVER ...... he also HIT 3 BATTERS in those 7 innings. :eektf:

Previous to his promotion to the majors, Cumpton started 3 games at AAA-Indianapolis, pitching to the tune of a 1.42 E.R.A., a 1.053 W.H.I.P., and ceding only 3 free passes (all walks) in 19 innings pitched.

PITTSBURGH PIRATES

Travis Snider - RF

Ike Davis - DH

Andrew McCutchen - CF

Pedro Alvarez - 3B

Gaby Sanchez - 1B

Neil Walker - 2B

Starling Marte - LF

Clint Barmes - SS

Chris Stewart - C

Brandon Cumpton - RHP (0-1, 2.57 ERA)

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Nick Markakis - DH

Manuel Arturo Machado - 3B

Nelson Cruz - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Matthew Wieters - C

Steve Pearce - 1B

J.J. Hardy - SS

David Lough - LF

Jonathan Schoop 2B

Chris Tillman - RHP (3-1, 3.38 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Edited by OFFNY
  • Upvote 1

Stinson DFA'd - already cleared waivers and on his way to Norfolk according to Buck.

I'm glad wet didn't tire him out for the Tides.

• Upvote 1

Someone please ask Buck why the F he brought Hunter in for one out.

Please.

You think someone from the Pirates' media contingent is going to ask? You know that no one from the Baltimore side will.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Initial post updated with additions to 60 man roster and info from intrasquad game.
    • Pirate reliever Hector Noesi (Initial post in this thread updated with all the guys who have opted out so far)
    • He signed quickly (for a Boras client)and less than what the Jays could have paid.  You think it is reasonable to think he would have sat out with 700K more on the table?
    • Update: the fourth and final season is brilliant. It takes place in 2030 and is really funny speculative fiction that focuses on how dysfunctional and potentially doomed the MLB is. It’s a must watch. 
    • It's also possible he lost some leverage on his demands when teams let him go to number 5. Still got the 2nd highest SB of the draft. I don't know if it's logical to suggest he would have settled at the same place for the Orioles. And how do you arrive at the bolded when he just signed for well above the slot at which he was selected?
    • I've heard the number for a full year is seven, whether it's games or days I do not know. That is likely a distinction without a difference as far as the Orioles are concerned, as they open with 13 straight days of games.
    • Unfortunately 2023 is the first year Mahomes gets a little more expensive ($42.5M). Hopefully it takes a year or two for Dak/Watson extensions (usually year 1 and/or 2 have a lower cap number).   But  I’d guess Lamar would cost about $35-$38M if he were to be franchised in 2023. That would lead to $42-$45M in 2024. (And $60-65M in 2025).    I don’t think they should (or will) go this route, but they could keep him for the following (cap numbers): 2020 - $2.5M 2021 - $3M 2022 - $20M* 2023 - $36M* 2024 - $43M* 2025 - $62M* *very rough estimates (And could change with big QB contracts) It would essentially be his rookie deal plus a year by year total of 1/36, 2/79, or 3/141. Not the worst thing IF you think he could run out of steam at some point and you think he’s somewhat close to Mahomes value. Again, they won’t do this, but this is what it would look like.  (Note: 2025 would be Lamar’s age 28 season)
  • Popular Contributors