Lester Freamon

2014 World Cup Brazil

Yeah, here in the United States we like to cheer rabidly for sports where the players go down and don't get up. :rolleyes:

Good thing that doesn't happen in American sports. Basketball? You must be thinking only of the great Euro flipper Vlade Divac. No American would do such a thing.

If the "flopping" ruins it for you, then don't watch.

Good thing that doesn't happen in American sports. Basketball? You must be thinking only of the great Euro flipper Vlade Divac. No American would do such a thing.

I posted a nice video of Wade flopping during the NBA finals.

Face it, golfers would flop if they thought it gave them a competitive advantage.

I was referring to this country's love of football. I'll take a little bit of flopping over roided out men using their armored bodies as projectiles.

I was referring to this country's love of football. I'll take a little bit of flopping over roided out men using their armored bodies as projectiles.

Yeah, I probably should've quoted Soprano's post instead.

Whew!!!

Seconded. Wasn't the most satisfying afternoon of soccer, but it'll do.

So I read this thing before the World Cup talking about how soccer hasn't gotten any more popular since the US hosted the Cup in '96. They were citing some poll numbers. Yea, I think those polls were smoking crack. I was just at Buffalo Wild Wings in a random St. Mary's County, MD, stripmall at noon on a Thursday and they were turning people away because they'd reached the fire code capacity. People were sneaking in the back door to stand in between tables to watch this match. Which leads to...

At some point the "I hate soccer" people are going to just have to accept that it's here to stay, and in a lot of ways it's as popular or more popular than the Big Four sports. I have a dream, and it's to have an online discussion of soccer on a non-soccer-specific site and not have the thread hijacked by people talking about falling asleep in the hundredth consecutive nil-nil draw and flopping.

I never understood why some folks think it's cool to tell a billion other people that their fun activity is stupid.

I posted a nice video of Wade flopping during the NBA finals.

Face it, golfers would flop if they thought it gave them a competitive advantage.

But only in soccer does flopping include rolling around and pretending like you're about to die. That's the annoying part. Is that just an agreed-upon thing so that players can get a little rest?

But only in soccer does flopping include rolling around and pretending like you're about to die. That's the annoying part. Is that just an agreed-upon thing so that players can get a little rest?

I read up on it today.

Evidently it is a lot more likely to happen when the floppers team is ahead.