BMann

Bundy throws 4 perfect innings

Has there actually been any "new" talk about a trade over the last several days? It doesn't look to me like anything's changed since the original report, which, in turn, makes me think that nothing is likely to happen.

It does not appear that there is anything new except that the Cubs watched him at this outing. Which could mean nothing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Why the Orioles SHOULD NOT go after Jeff Samardzija... <a href="http://t.co/kXBSHp5Xx0">pic.twitter.com/kXBSHp5Xx0</a></p>— Daniel Clark (@DC_TBLDaily) <a href="

">May 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If everything goes right i bet we see Bundy before September.
if he's throwing well and in condition and hitting 94, why wait till September.The kid is a great talent. HE could help us in the pen and stretch put to spot start. God knows Miguel isn't going to pitch deep in games.

Jeez. The guy has thrown a total of 18.1 innings at AA or above in his career, is coming off TJ surgery that has kept him out of competitive games for more than a year, and is 21 years old. Why do people have such unrealistic expectations for the kid? You're not happy enough with the way we've screwed up Gausman?

• Upvote 2

Woah....is this legit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be legit. But if it is, I don't know if it is worth a "Woah." Scouts are everywhere.

Woah....is this legit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa is that they wouldn't be there. Whoa would be if no one noticed that a healed up Dylan Bundy is on the cusp of having major league value.

Jeez. The guy has thrown a total of 18.1 innings at AA or above in his career, is coming off TJ surgery that has kept him out of competitive games for more than a year, and is 21 years old. Why do people have such unrealistic expectations for the kid? You're not happy enough with the way we've screwed up Gausman?

This is one of the best posts of all time.

This. Times 1,000. Bundy was not a lock for a ML job before he got hurt. He should be allowed to fully recover from his surgery and work against MiL hitters for much more than a few weeks before the O's consider tossing him back into the ML furnace. Personally, I hope the first we see of Bundy in Baltimore is in 2015...unless he travels to OPACY to watch a game from the stands.

For some reason I have a feeling that DD will ultimately trade Bundy. I hope I am wrong because I don't think I will like the deal if it involves the Cubs.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bundy threw very well today. Os talking about sending him to Aberdeen soon.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

Man it would be great if Jeff comes to Baltimore. It changes everything about this season.

Do you really think (what one should realistically expect from) Shark is that much better than what the Orioles have now that it jumps them into being a frontrunner for a playoff spot? You wouldn't trade Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey for a slightly better chance at a wild card play-in game, would you?

This might just be me, but I hate feeling conflicted when the Orioles win because I don't have the confidence that Duquette won't think this is a playoff team and do something stupid (in my opinion) in trading one of those three for an over-achieving mid-rotation starter.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Why the Orioles SHOULD NOT go after Jeff Samardzija... <a href="http://t.co/kXBSHp5Xx0">pic.twitter.com/kXBSHp5Xx0</a></p>? Daniel Clark (@DC_TBLDaily) <a href="
">May 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

SSS across the board, but the O's pitchers actually were pretty good with Wieters behind the plate (3.88 ERA, 850 PA), and they've been bad-to-awful with Clevenger and Hundley (4.85 ERA in 734 PA for Clevenger, 5.64 ERA in 200 PA so far for Hundley). That said, they've actually been quite good with Joseph behind the dish (2.96 ERA, 343 PA).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Aberdeen's season starts on June 13, so Bundy could make one more ext spring start and then make next one for the <a href="https://twitter.com/IronBirds">@IronBirds</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

Most guys actually throw harder these days after TJ right?

It's more like they return to the velocity they had before their ligament started weakening significantly

For some reason I have a feeling that DD will ultimately trade Bundy. I hope I am wrong because I don't think I will like the deal if it involves the Cubs.

I already don't like the deal and I don't even know who is coming back.