RZNJ

Disappointed in Manny

I tell you what, some of you need to toss away your Oriole garb and grab an Oakland A's cap and jersey. Manny didn't hit anyone with the bat, and the SOB of a pitcher for Oakland was throwing at his knee trying to permanently end his career. If I had been Manny I would have charged the mound and punched that punk right in the face. So I thought what Manny did was mild.

What Manny did was cowardly, pain and simple. And you know why he didn't charge the mound? Cause he'd have gotten his [email protected] beat, bad.

I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that they went knee height where they knew he had been hurt. This thing is ugly. I'm telling you right now they think he hit the catcher twice with his backswing on purpose based on the way he reacted. I'm not saying he did, but I'm quite certain they think so.

I disagree on the part with Norris getting hit though. He was comming off a few games that he had concussion from getting hit twice in the head on a backswing. So there is something there that he stays to close to the plate.

I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that they went knee height where they knew he had been hurt. This thing is ugly. I'm telling you right now they think he hit the catcher twice with his backswing on purpose based on the way he reacted. I'm not saying he did, but I'm quite certain they think so.

Sadly judging by his actions, it wouldn't surprise me. None of it looks good.

I strongly disagree. Bats get thrown all the time into the stands and I don't know of any fan every being "killed" by one. That bat throw wasn't close to hitting any player. The closest person was the third base umpire.

That bat was intended for Donaldson, who he's been *****ing with for the last 3 games.

I don't believe he would have missed that badly if he was really trying to throw the bat at the pitcher. I think he was pissed and intentionally hung on to it that long to make a point, that he could have tossed it at the pitcher, which was why he was looking at him. You telling me a world class athelete like Manny couldn't have thrown that bat closer to the pitcher than third base??? Gimme a break. You are living in the land of Oz if that is what you believe...

Old#5fan, you just need to watch the replay some more. Thorne immediately thought it was intentional, but Bordick was skeptical. I was skeptical at first too. But the slowed down replay shows just how delayed the swing was. He clearly intended to do it and was taken aback by the location of the pitch that brushed him back a bit. Bordick changed his mind after seeing the replay. If you watch that a few times and still think that it wasn't intentional...

I don't believe he would have missed that badly if he was really trying to throw the bat at the pitcher. I think he was pissed and intentionally hung on to it that long to make a point, that he could have tossed it at the pitcher, which was why he was looking at him. You telling me a world class athelete like Manny couldn't have thrown that bat closer to the pitcher than third base??? Gimme a break. You are living in the land of Oz if that is what you believe...

Yeah and he threw it very high in the air. If he is throwing at the pitcher you may miss left or right but you are atleast throwing it on a line not 50 feet in the air.

That bat was intended for Donaldson, who he's been *****ing with for the last 3 games.

Donaldson wasn't at 3B, it was Callaspo. Although if Donaldson was there, I would agree.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement... Through it all I've always been proud that the Orioles conduct themselves in a professional manner... I know mannys actions shouldn't reflect on the Orioles as a whole but they will... Manny, get it together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and he threw it very high in the air. If he is throwing at the pitcher you may miss left or right but you are atleast throwing it on a line not 50 feet in the air.

The swing arc is going to cause the bat to go into the air if you hold on too long. That's why bats that are accidentally let go end up in the stands. If he had let go at the right time it would have gone right at the pitcher.

You guys are missing what happened here. Manny hit the catcher with his backswing in the first. He did it again later in the game and knocked him out of the game. Both times he didn't even so much as look at the catcher. He just glared straight ahead. I told Rox that I bet they threw at him after the second one. I'm not sure he did the backswing on purpose, but his reaction was really odd both times.

I noticed that too, on the first at bat. I didn't see the second AB. He hit the catcher with the backswing, and did not even flinch. I have done that before accidentally, and I am sure many others here have done that as well. You know it when you have done it, and my immediate reaction has always been "oh ****, I'm sorry." But there was no reaction from Manny. It was weird to say the least.

Honestly, I have not seen everything else that happened today, because I was fed up and changed the channel. But, I was passively defending Manny the other day...I am not as inclined to do so right now.

Donaldson wasn't at 3B, it was Callaspo. Although if Donaldson was there, I would agree.

My fault.... I thought he was at third today.

Edited by JustMyOpinion

Machado getting ARod comps for the 'tude amongst some MLB analysts discussing Tampa/O's series. Convo not on air.

It is pretty hard to dance backwards to avoid a pitch at your knees while simultaneously throwing an object with a knob on it and pine tar on your hands. It wouldn't surprise me at all if his aim was off.

Yes, exactly, that's a better way of saying the point I was trying to make. The bat only ended up flying up in the air because his aim was off. Like I said earlier, it's not like Manny has practiced throwing his bat at the pitcher, and those reasons you mentioned made it much more difficult.

Machado getting ARod comps for the 'tude amongst some MLB analysts discussing Tampa/O's series. Convo not on air.

Well deserved. Completely embarrassing as an Orioles fan.