RZNJ

Disappointed in Manny

I disagree on the part with Norris getting hit though. He was comming off a few games that he had concussion from getting hit twice in the head on a backswing. So there is something there that he stays to close to the plate.

Probably a result of getting hit too many times by backswings. He is half brain dead.

And you know this how? I think what your looking for is the A's message board.

I don't need to look for an A's message board, I'm fine right here. Maybe you need to take the orange colored glasses off and realize that what Manny did was a punk move.

Edited by Dannyboy
  • Upvote 1

I don't need to look an A's message board. Maybe you need to take the orange colored glasses off and realize that what Manny did was a punk move.

It was a punk move. However, that doesn't mean that Manny didn't charge the mound because he's a coward or that the pitcher would have whipped his ass. I don't think Manny was even trying to hurt anyone. I think he was trying to send a message that he was pissed. He did it in a very bush league way and it was so obvious that it looks even worse.

I was doing yard work and I did not see Machados' antics live.

However, I saw enough on the replays to lose some respect for the guy.

I did not see the back swing, but if he did not show any concern for the guy I can see where Oakland got upset and retaliated. Throwing the bat in that instance is

unacceptable to say the least. I am disappointed in his actions today. I hope that he learns from the fine and suspension that surely awaits him.

People saying he should have charged the pitcher. Say Manny starts to charge the pitcher gets tackled at the knees by the catcher. How would that work out for the O's?

Manny is gonna get suspended 5 to 10 games.

I would appeal that. In a court of law any good attorney could argue he had no intent to throw at the pitcher when he hurls the bat down the third base line. Pitchers don't play third base and he had no beef with either the third base umpire of the A's thirdbaseman today. The only reason any of you Benedict Arnold Orioles fans (I am personally much more ashamed of some of you than I would be of Manny) are claiming (falsely I might add with zero proof) that he was intending to throw the bat at the pitcher is BECAUSE THE PITCHER WAS THROWING AT HIM, and AT HIS KNEE!. If anyone should be suspended five games it should be the PITCHER!:mad:

I agree he shouldn't have thrown his bat, but it didn't go anywhere in the vicinity of hitting anyone (except maybe ump) but even Rich Dempsey said he would have gone to the mound, and that would have resulted in a suspension.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado: bat slipped out of my hands, ump thought it was unintentional. "We got our ass kicked"</p>— Mark Viviano (@MarkWJZ) <a href="

">June 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't need to look for an A's message board, I'm fine right here. Maybe you need to take the orange colored glasses off and realize that what Manny did was a punk move.

I will gladly keep those glasses on and back the players that wear the orange. Thank you.

Let's see if Manny handles this like a man. Will he try to say the bat slipped or fess up, apologize, and take his medicine. I'm hoping for the latter but I'm not holding my breath.

I think he got lucky in that his thrown bat was so far off that there will be no real consequences for it beyond his inevitable suspension. If he had succeeded, that's be a clip that would plague him his entire career. I agree that admitting he did it on purpose would be the honorable thing to do, but don't expect it. What I really hope he doesn't do is go and say that it was an accident, because that's a load of BS. At the very least, he should be trying to say as little about it as possible.

I think Manny was understandably upset but I also think he overreacted in both incidents. The tag and the throwing the bat.

Throwing a bat is a bit more then just an overreaction. He needs to get suspended then Buck needs to sit him out his first game off suspension.

It may have been wrong to throw the bat I am on the fence about it the pitcher did throw at him twice. Maybe if more batters start throwing the bat back at the pitchers they stop throwing at batters. If you think about it throwing the bat back at the pitcher is the same as them throwing the ball at a batter IMHO.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado: bat slipped out of my hands, ump thought it was unintentional. "We got our ass kicked"</p>— Mark Viviano (@MarkWJZ) <a href="
">June 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol That is the most intentional, unintentional bat throw ever.

I was doing yard work and I did not see Machados' antics live.

However, I saw enough on the replays to lose some respect for the guy.

I did not see the back swing, but if he did not show any concern for the guy I can see where Oakland got upset and retaliated. Throwing the bat in that instance is

unacceptable to say the least. I am disappointed in his actions today. I hope that he learns from the fine and suspension that surely awaits him.

Yeah, VaTech brought it up but I noticed on the first backswing that he didn't look back. A little odd. Even more odd on the second one where the catcher is obviously shaken up. I don't think he did it on purpose but it's odd that he didn't at least show some concern. He acted like nothing happened.