JCK

Zrebiec: Other teams in the mix

Well there we have it, AM is as smart as we speculated. Take advantage of the leak of the trade being near complete, take advantage of Santana off the market and start calling all the teams impacted. Possibles:

ATL (santana fallout)

PHI (santana fallout) lite on prospects

ANA (block SEA)

SEA (duh)

COL (counter haren)

SD (counter haren)

CHC (duh)

STL (block CHC) lite on prospects

If you take MacPhail at his word, a Mariners deal is not a done deal by any means. Sounds like he's trying to turn the screws on Bavasi to get a little something extra out of him. JMO

Trying to get Triunfel instead of the last 2.

OK....I'm pulling this out of another thread. What about this:

Bedard to the Braves for Brandon Jones, Jordan Schafer, and Lillibridge.

Roberts to the Cubs for Pie, Gallagher, and Patterson.

We put Pie in CF, Patterson at 2B, and Lillibridge at SS. Schafer goes to Bowie.

We could include Reimold in the deal to the Braves, and try to pick up a pitcher, or add a reliever to the Roberts deal to get back an arm.

Take Heward over Jones, Jones = great defense, Heward = 35hr potential

Few thoughts:

1) I saw somewhere that the Dodgers may have trown their hat into the race late for Santana.

2) Peace is asking about Boston and NY now...Could they be involved?

They will not trade with NY or BOS I personally don't think it's even worth discussing cause there's probably a 1% chance of that happening because we would want something similar if not more to what was offered to Santana and now both teams don't want to part with those specified players...

I think the Mets snagging Santana opens the door for other teams to get involved.

Maybe AM knew Santana was close to being dealt to the Mets. Thus the various stories we have been hearing for the past few days.

I believe we will get the best deal for Bedard, from the team that wants him the most.

I like the Dodgers getting involved and would love to see the Reds back into it. If nothing else it may make the M's include their untouchable players.

Just my feeling guys.:)

We put Pie in CF, Patterson at 2B, and Lillibridge at SS. Schafer goes to Bowie.

We could include Reimold in the deal to the Braves, and try to pick up a pitcher, or add a reliever to the Roberts deal to get back an arm.

The Braves need to add a SP prospect (Rohrbaugh or Hanson)

Extended thoughts - I thought someone on this board posted something regarding Torre that 'paraphrased' said Torre still wants a veteran lefthander. Not trying to fan the fire, simply pointing out a potential clue into what other teams may be interested.

Looking at their rotation, I really dont see a need for Bedard or another starter. They do lack a good 1-2 punch but their rotation seems pretty good.

Not even close to enough for Bedard. I think some people overestimate the Braves prospects. The only shot they'd have at Bedard, would be to include either Francouer or Heyward. Both of whom are Georgia boys and aren't going anywhere.

The Braves need to add a SP prospect (Rohrbaugh or Hanson)

Don't forget Jair, the kid they got from Detroit. Flamethrower supposed to be ready for the rotation now.

Not even close to enough for Bedard. I think some people overestimate the Braves prospects. The only shot they'd have at Bedard, would be to include either Francouer or Heyward. Both of whom are Georgia boys and aren't going anywhere.

Heyward is a 2007 draft pick. He's not going anywhere until after Aug 15th

Yeah I voted Heyward (LF), Schafer (CF), Lillibridge (SS), and Jarrens (SP)

Don't forget Jair, the kid they got from Detroit. Flamethrower supposed to be ready for the rotation now.

If we're willing to wait on Tillman then Rohrbaugh could be a similar gamble. Plus I doubt Jarjens gets added to Schaefer, Jones and Lillibridge. That's a better offer than the M's

This just kinda looks like a filler article to give a summary of where we are at. Bedard will still be a Mariner IMO. The Dodgers and Reds have both dropped out and the Mets now have Santana. Angelos and MacPhail are in constant contact so I don't see that part of the equation as a hold up.

It really sounds like MacPhail is going to take this all the way to Jan 31st, which is his deadline and Roberts and Bedard are going to go at once...