Roy Firestone

Manny owes his team, his fans, baseball an apology

I'm not saying I'm proud of Manny, I'm saying that too much has been made out of it. Suspend him for a game or two and move on. This is baseball, not a morality play. All those ashamed or aghast need to get over it and stop acting luck clucking hens.

"This is not 'Nam...there are rules..."

True forgiveness and true compassion are gifts. Alomar made the Hall of Fame in part because Hirschbeck had both.

It would have been beyond absurd to hold Alomar out of the HOF because he once spit in another man's face.

You know what, some of you ought to watch the movie about Ty Cobb with Tommy Lee Jones portraying him. If Cobb had hit that catcher in the head twice, he probably would have laughed and said something like 'you stupid SOB, I guess that will teach you where to set up from now on when I am hitting." And nobody would have thought anything about it!!!

I've been reading along and your post are coming across to be very stupid or senile and I don't know which it is? Ty Cobb was the worst comparison you could of used. The guy was the most hated ball payer ever. Is that whats you want from Manny?

• Upvote 1

I've been reading along and your post are coming across to be very stupid or senile and I don't know which it is? Ty Cobb was the worst comparison you could of used. The guy was the most hated ball payer ever. Is that whats you want from Manny?

Of course not, but that post was an attempt to counter the growing number of apparent "saints" that were doing their utmost best to portray Manny as the baseball version of Attila The Hun..

Most of us think its a schtick.

You know what's sad about this entire debacle? "Media" outlets like WNST spin this as some sort of problem with the O's organization. It's unfortunate that people like Nestor and his group of drum thumpers are in the industry...they just use this to blast an organization. If people really want to believe that this all the O's trying to damage control it, then they're not familiar with how this works. Duquette came out and said he wasn't a fan of it, Buck tried to downplay it as being between the players (as he always does), and the O's are going to work alongside Manny who is working alongside his agent and PR rep.

This is the best way to handle this IF you're going to get in front of people. Otherwise if you don't work/listen to an organization, you end up looking like a huge joke, a la Ray Rice and his bumbling, unprofessional "press conference".

I haven't listened to NST in years, and my life is better for it.

If Nestor and his gang are truly bashing the Orioles over this, and yet I'm sure they defended Ray Rice with "lets let the facts come out before accusing him" then it would be their typical shtick and is the main reason I haven't turned that station on in years!

Of course not, but that post was an attempt to counter the growing number of apparent "saints" that were doing their utmost best to portray Manny as the baseball version of Attila The Hun..
Way to mischaracterize the other side of the argument. You keep throwing chum in the water then act surprised that the sharks are swimming.

Enough back and forth from all involved. This isn't my first request.

tumblr_m8f4y6tcxp1qg4blro1_r1_500.gif

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Spoke to two Red Sox players. Both mentioned how much respect they've lost for Manny Machado, who plans on appealing his suspension.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Britt_Ghiroli">@Britt_Ghiroli</a> Why do we care what they think? But i bet they love Ortiz breaking phones</p>— Orioles (@Orioles1019) <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles1019/statuses/476428981416103936">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

This was great.

I prefer the comment from "Adam Jones' Bubbles" myself. ;)

Paul Mittermeier ‏@PMittermeier 2m

@Britt_Ghiroli are these the same players that started a brawl with TB because someone stole a base against them up by five runs?

LOL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Spoke to two Red Sox players. Both mentioned how much respect they've lost for Manny Machado, who plans on appealing his suspension.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Britt_Ghiroli">@Britt_Ghiroli</a> Why do we care what they think? But i bet they love Ortiz breaking phones</p>— Orioles (@Orioles1019) <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles1019/statuses/476428981416103936">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

This was great.

I am guessing both of those players were David Ross. The ever vigilant steward of playing the game the right way (when he is at the plate).

Benches clear at Fenway after pitch to Ross

Red Sox catcher rattled after O's righty Norris throws ball up and in

485660451-david-ross-of-the-boston-red-sox-and-matt-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXqPqIuecQp%2Fn%2FJ4no64JDX9M0YlhjBOsz20au%2BaNeAv3

and

Red Sox David Ross Says Whole Team Offended By Escobar?s Stolen Base

Fight_RedSox_Rays.jpg

Thank jebus he is here in time when the Os need him the most. :rolleyes:

Paul Mittermeier ‏@PMittermeier 2m

@Britt_Ghiroli are these the same players that started a brawl with TB because someone stole a base against them up by five runs?

LOL

I know people find that funny but that's an unwritten rule in the game. It's one of my pet peeves too.