Old#5fan

Say It Aint So But it Looked to me Like Markakis was loafing on both that triple and double!

I hope I am wrong, but it really appeared to me that Nick Markakis was barely running on that triple hit by Adam Eaton in the 5th inning that drove in a run and had he put some effort into it could have gotten to it easier than Jones who ended up being closer.

Then, again in the seventh he appeared to barely run for that lead off double than looked like if fell barely past him. If I was Ubaldo I would be po'd at such little effort. Most right fielders with even average speed catch both of those balls with a good jump and maximum effort.

I know it is hot but maybe Nick needs a day off or something as that was pathetic.

I hope I am wrong, but it really appeared to me that Nick Markakis was barely running on that triple hit by Adam Eaton in the 5th inning that drove in a run and had he put some effort into it could have gotten to it easier than Jones who ended up being closer.

Then, again in the seventh he appeared to barely run for that lead off double than looked like if fell barely past him. If I was Ubaldo I would be po'd at such little effort. Most right fielders with even average speed catch both of those balls with a good jump and maximum effort.

I know it is hot but maybe Nick needs a day off or something as that was pathetic.

I can't see the plays so I don't know but I hate to think that Nick would ever loaf

around during a game.

He wasn't loafing. He's just very slow.

Then he needs to get in better shape as he is being well paid not to be able to run faster than that. That was ridiculous. He looked as slow or slower than a middle aged man in a beer drinker slow pitch softball league.

He isn't loafing, he is just that slow now.

I don't know, it looked like little effort to me. In other words, I will do the minimum to make it look like I tried effort.

If indeed Markakis is actually that slow now for whatever reason, maybe next sp[ring training (if he is still an Oriole) Buck should consider switching him to first base and putting Davis in RF. I believe Davis would have caught at least one of those extra base hit and Lough would have easily caught both of them....

If indeed Markakis is actually that slow now for whatever reason, maybe next sp[ring training (if he is still an Oriole) Buck should consider switching him to first base and putting Davis in RF. I believe Davis would have caught at least one of those extra base hit and Lough would have easily caught both of them....

Why would you pay Nick to play first when you could just buy him out?

He isn't loafing, he is just that slow now.
He wasn't loafing. He's just very slow.
Why would you pay Nick to play first when you could just buy him out?

Nick is just that slow. And yes, the Orioles better be buying him out or extending him for something like 3/$21 million.

Then he needs to get in better shape as he is being well paid not to be able to run faster than that. That was ridiculous. He looked as slow or slower than a middle aged man in a beer drinker slow pitch softball league.

Hey now, I play in a beer drinking slow pitch softball league!!!! And I take offe.....oh wait....nevermind.

• Upvote 1