OFFNY

vs. MARINERS, 7/26

As much as using this start as an argument against him.

He is using his peripherals and the fact that he has outpitched them thus far. This start is a regression to the mean. That hard for you to understand?

With the Orioles offense 2 runs is more than enough. Good pitching nonetheless, their offense has been pathetic since the break. Need to wake up tonight or it will be another loss to a bad pitcher and could put us in a position to split the series after winning the first 2 against their two best pitchers, which would be ridiculous.

You're not having a good day in terms of being accurate about things. Chris Young isn't exactly a world beater, but he's having a nice season.

Those kind of posts from Birdland and Jonesy is why I been not coming to the game thread since June and pop in today and what do I see. Jonesy IQ is even a bit lower then before.

Please attack the post and not the poster.

Yeah I did, it was a horrendous pitch. How can you honestly argue it wasn't?

I can, I did. But I guess with us losing I should expect some off the walk logic.

Was stating an observational fact. Don't care to engage a poster who has been wrong all year.

If the post is moronic, idiotic, beyond rational, how exactly do you attack it without attacking the intelligence of the person who posted it?

He is using his peripherals and the fact that he has outpitched them thus far. This start is a regression to the mean. That hard for you to understand?

Predictive peripherals?

If the post is moronic, idiotic, beyond rational, how exactly do you attack it without attacking the intelligence of the person who posted it?

Please do not refer to the poster in any way and I am good with it. just the subject matter. Please do not call others names. Argue all you want.

I think we all know the real cause of Bud's bad inning.

We have a Game Thread Mojo issue here. scOtt, one of our most popular Game Thread regulars, has had a disagreement and may or may not have left us.

And look at the results... bad Game Thread Mojo means Bud has a bad inning.

We have to put our differences aside and PROJECT POSITIVE ENERGY. The Orioles need a harmonius Game Thread.

Positive waves. No more negative waves...

[video=youtube;YwTGGHaCHAE]

• Upvote 1

Surely you can't be serious

In 5 full seasons, this season has been by far his worst according to FIP and xFIP. His career ERA is 4.30, yet somehow he's at 3.86 now. He's simply not very good and it's hard to see him continue to out perform his peripheals when he has a history of doing just the opposite (pretty much the exact opposite of Tillman/Gonzo). He actually did pitch well against LAA, but he has pitched more like the pitcher we have seen today and against Washington than what his ERA says.

In 5 full seasons, this season has been by far his worst according to FIP and xFIP. His career ERA is 4.30, yet somehow he's at 3.86 now. He's simply not very good and it's hard to see him continue to out perform his peripheals when he has a history of doing just the opposite (pretty much the exact opposite of Tillman/Gonzo). He actually did pitch well against LAA, but he has pitched more like the pitcher we have seen today and against Washington than what his ERA says.

Bud has been our best pitcher this year. Thanks for the data.

Predictive peripherals?

Yes? If you put as many guys on base as Norris has all year, eventually teams are going to start making it hurt.

Pretty sure Norris's strand rate has been very high this year.