Pedro Cerrano

Dooooook Loooooses

Generally have to do home and homes to do this and I don't think either schools want to do that. Georgetown is about the closest thing I have seen to a prestige match-up home and home for Duke.

Then again, not too many programs do these types of match-ups anymore. Maryland used to do more of this, but they have lightened up their schedule more this year than in past years.

Well, for what it's worth, Carolina has a regular home-and-home with Kentucky that has been going on for about 10 years now. They alternate between home-and-homes with UConn and Arizona every few years. Right now, it's Arizona. The past few years it was UConn. They have had home-and-homes with Illinois, UCLA, and Purdue, all in the past 15 years (which, considernig that you can only have one or two of these games per year, isn't all that far back).

Carolina understands that its fans, who are a more discerning bunch than the preppies over at UNJ-Durham, demand to see marquis matchups. We would rather see our team go 25-5 against top-notch competition than to see them go 28-2 against the Davidsons of the world. While dook may well play its share of decent teams, it does not, on a regular basis, search out the creme de la creme of college basketball for anything more than a high profile neutral site television spectacular. Bravo, dook! Bravo! (Ya wimps)

• Upvote 1

Well, for what it's worth, Carolina has a regular home-and-home with Kentucky that has been going on for about 10 years now. They alternate between home-and-homes with UConn and Arizona every few years. Right now, it's Arizona. The past few years it was UConn. They have had home-and-homes with Illinois, UCLA, and Purdue, all in the past 15 years (which, considernig that you can only have one or two of these games per year, isn't all that far back).

Carolina understands that its fans, who are a more discerning bunch than the preppies over at UNJ-Durham, demand to see marquis matchups. We would rather see our team go 25-5 against top-notch competition than to see them go 28-2 against the Davidsons of the world. While dook may well play its share of decent teams, it does not, on a regular basis, search out the creme de la creme of college basketball for anything more than a high profile neutral site television spectacular. Bravo, dook! Bravo! (Ya wimps)

I wonder if the people who go to Duke are as big a snob and elitist as you are?

I wonder if they don't think their sh!t doesn't stink too?

BTW, just as you pointed out Indiana not being as good, Kentucky has been a joke the last couple of years(by their standards)

well 93 posts and around 720 views for a team that lost a regular season game at home.

This is why I love sports, sometimes it doesn't matter when, but who.

well 93 posts and around 720 views for a team that lost a regular season game at home.

This is why I love sports, sometimes it doesn't matter when, but who.

Jealousy, obsession and hatred will do that to people. :D

Jealousy, obsession and hatred will do that to people. :D

Duke run of dominance is over. They are a nice sweet 16 team now. I mean being a Terp fan I would take that, but I got to think it is dissapointing to lose in the tourney every year cause you can't get the calls you get on your home floor.;)

Duke run of dominance is over. They are a nice sweet 16 team now. I mean being a Terp fan I would take that, but I got to think it is dissapointing to lose in the tourney every year cause you can't get the calls you get on your home floor.;)

Thank you for the laugh. I needed that.

Thank you for the laugh. I needed that.

When was their last deep tourney run? When was their last final four? Seriously, they are a great regular season team that hasn't produced in the clutch over the last few years.

When was their last deep tourney run? When was their last final four? Seriously, they are a great regular season team that hasn't produced in the clutch over the last few years.

Last final 4 run was all the way back to the 2003-2004 season. I know, it is long for Duke.

Last year was dissapointing...As we know, the tourney is all about matchups and they got a terrible matchup for them last year but last year was dissapointing.

To say their dominance run is over is a joke.

They are still winning the ACC tourney every year, reaching the sweet 16 and producing top recuriting classes.

They still have Coach K, perhaps the best of all time.

Saying their run is over is wishful thinking from a fan of a school that will spend the next 20+ years looking up to Duke and UNC and wishing that you could come close to their history, records, awards and trophies.

:D Coach K is great, Duke will remain a powerhouse in the ACC, but I don't think they will be as dominant (and I am speaking more in the NCAA tourney) as they have been.

Certainly this year's team is down. I don't think poor matchups were the cause of the problem last year, I think they would have been beaten by many of the tourney teams.

You can call it jealously, and I am jealous of their success, but getting all the calls in the ACC, especially at home hurts them when they get into the tourney. They are given so much respect by ACC officials that it ends up hurting them in the post-season. I don't think with the current crop of players they will sniff the final four in the next few years. You better get some better McDonald's all-americans to reach that level in the near future.

Again, coach K is great and it is great to have a sweet 16 team, but I just don't see the talent there to go deeper than that.

Of course, a sweet 16 run would be a good thing for Maryland.

:D Coach K is great, Duke will remain a powerhouse in the ACC, but I don't think they will be as dominant (and I am speaking more in the NCAA tourney) as they have been.

Certainly this year's team is down. I don't think poor matchups were the cause of the problem last year, I think they would have been beaten by many of the tourney teams.

You can call it jealously, and I am jealous of their success, but getting all the calls in the ACC, especially at home hurts them when they get into the tourney. They are given so much respect by ACC officials that it ends up hurting them in the post-season. I don't think with the current crop of players they will sniff the final four in the next few years. You better get some better McDonald's all-americans to reach that level in the near future.

Again, coach K is great and it is great to have a sweet 16 team, but I just don't see the talent there to go deeper than that.

Of course, a sweet 16 run would be a good thing for Maryland.

I have said since last year i felt Duke would be a sweet 16 team this year and likely no better.(although you never know..certainly better than teams like George Mason, kent St, et al have been in the past)

However, they have the makings of a top notch recruiting class coming in and if we are lucky and McRoberts stays, they could very well be #1 in the country next year..Although, it is likely he is gone.

I have said since last year i felt Duke would be a sweet 16 team this year and likely no better.(although you never know..certainly better than teams like George Mason, kent St, et al have been in the past)

However, they have the makings of a top notch recruiting class coming in and if we are lucky and McRoberts stays, they could very well be #1 in the country next year..Although, it is likely he is gone.

How would we be lucky if Duke was #1?

Now being a Duke fan maybe you can answer this ... why isn't McRoberts more dominant? He seems to have a great set of abilities and certainly is their best player, but he doesn't always look too interested in the game to me. Just an observation. I already hate that Schreyer (sp?) kid, reminds of j.j.