OFFNY

vs. INDIANS, 8/15

Just sit down boys. You got utterly dominated by Kluber. Take the loss.

They ain't sitting down. They don't hear no fat lady.

Thats a little more understandable than getting it in the finger because your hand was over tje middle of the plate. Otherwise anyone could just throw their hands out whemever they wanted and get a free base

If it hits the batter and not the bat IT"S A HPB!

What part don't you understand? He didn't swing!

Just sit down boys. You got utterly dominated by Kluber. Take the loss.

Who is this ...... clown! I like it better when JOEdog packs his marbles up and leaves around the 6th inning.

I'm just glad we have no one on our team with his attitude.

Im not getting paid 15 mil to play a childs game and not to have that attitude.

Besides im the best reverse jinxer on this board. Trust me, you want me making these comments. Besides, theres a neat little feature called blocking someone.

Im not getting paid 15 mil to play a childs game and not to have that attitude.

Besides im the best reverse jinxer on this board. Trust me, you want me making these comments. Besides, theres a neat little feature called blocking someone.

See what i mean

This is right from the mlb website. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/replay_review.jsp

Hit By Pitch. Those plays for which there is a possibility that a pitched ball touches a batter, or his clothing. See, e.g., Rules 5.09(a) and 6.08(b). Any doubt as to whether a pitched ball hit the bat (as opposed to the batter or his clothing) should be resolved by the Home Plate Umpire at that moment as hitting the bat and not the batter, and the Umpire should declare a fair or foul ball under the circumstances. Notwithstanding the foregoing, whether the ball was in the strike zone when it touched the batter, and whether the batter made any attempt to avoid being touched by the ball, shall not be reviewable. See Rule 6.08(b).

Example 1. A pitch strikes the batter, but the Umpire erroneously rules that the pitch struck the bat instead and rules "foul ball." The Manager on offense appropriately invokes replay and the Replay Official reverses the call. The Crew Chief shall declare the ball dead at the moment it struck the batter and rule accordingly.

Example 2. A pitch strikes the bat, but the Umpire erroneously rules "hit batter – dead ball." The Manager on defense appropriately invokes replay and the Replay Official reverses the call. If the ball lands foul, the Replay Official shall call the ball "foul." If the ball lands fair, the Replay Official may take into consideration whether the defensive team attempts to retire the batter-runner, whether the batter-runner attempts to take a base, the batter-runner's attempt to deceive the defensive team and the Umpires on the field, and other relevant factors, in placing the batter-runner, calling him out (consistent with Section IV.A.4 above), or calling the ball "foul" (if a "foul ball" ruling would result in a third strike, the pitch would be replayed).