I think you're over your limit scott.. time to call a cab

• Upvote 1

Almost gave you neg rep for that one.

I think you're over your limit scott.. time to call a cab

Really? I'll leave.

Sorry.

Damn, I keep getting pipped!

Yay, flood control.

And I wasn't even talking about rep pips! However, to those who enjoyed that post, thank you for your support...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C7WeZbRbxwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...and don't forget to check out the triple haiku post in tonight's game thread (doubleheader game two).

And I wasn't even talking about rep pips! However, to those who enjoyed that post, thank you for your support...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C7WeZbRbxwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...and don't forget to check out the triple haiku post in tonight's game thread (doubleheader game two).

Link please.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Well, are you and SG really disagreeing, and what did Elias or the media say that you disagree with?   I don’t think anyone really doubts that, bonus demands aside, the O’s thought Martin was a better prospect than Kjerstad.    But they decided that Kjerstad and a couple of overslots had a better risk/reward ratio than putting all their chips on Martin.   We’ll see if that’s correct or not, years from now.   One suggestion I don’t buy is that the O’s did this because they thought Bitsko would be there at the 30th pick.    They might have hoped he would be, but there’s no way it makes sense to formulate a strategy centered around whether 27 other teams are going to pass on one specific guy you’re hoping to get with the 30th pick.    The O’s clearly thought there would be multiple good options for spending the cash they faced on Kjerstad, not just one.     We’ll see how it works out, but in general it seems to me that the pundits were impressed with the O’s overall draft haul.    I’m happy enough with their strategy.  
    • I am guessing that there will be pre and post games shows on the radio.   There was nothing special about watching Davis and Dempsey anyway except for some replays which we can get from Orioles.com
    • honestly if this is cost cutting it’s pretty sad.   With that said, I thought the TV broadcast including the pre and post game needed a face lift. Davis, Dempsey etc have really been around too long IMO   I know Scott likes Thorne but I grew tired of him calling players by the wrong name and other silly things that I noticed.
    • Thanks Gents! Had a Beery fun day at the American Legion
    • From Roch yesterday: The master plan calls for Heston Kjerstad, the second-overall pick in the 2020 draft, to play right field for a long time, but he won’t be ready this summer. He doesn’t have a single professional at-bat and is ticketed for the low minors - whether it’s the Gulf Coast League or one of the Single-A affiliates. https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/01/wondering-whether-it-makes-sense-to-keep-or-trade-santander.html  
    • I think he accepted less with the first pick in order to overslot later. Didn’t like the pick when it was made and still think we passed on the BPA. I don’t have anything against Kjerstad and as an Oriole fan want him to be a good major league player. I thought it was pretty obvious the approach that the organization took....guess I’m mistaken 😉.    BTW, I never buy anything that these guys tell reporters, media etc to justify a move.
  • Popular Contributors