Roy Firestone

Enjoy this, because this won't be the same team next year..

Fat people are always miserable. I truly think people love complaining and being sad and fat. Face it, you're fat and we're having success so you want something to whine about. You are right we will be a different team, that doesn't mean we will be a worse team but next season you will still be fat

I think your post ended up in the wrong thread, it should have gone here:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/25988-Post-here-when-you-re-drunk

Fat people are always miserable. I truly think people love complaining and being sad and fat. Face it, you're fat and we're having success so you want something to whine about. You are right we will be a different team, that doesn't mean we will be a worse team but next season you will still be fat

I'm pleasantly plump and love every second of my life.

Right. This guy has been miserable for 1744 years.

Modern%2BSanta.jpg

and Taft, JP Morgan, Grover Cleveland, Oliver Hardy, Charles Durning, Orson Welles, John Candy, John Goodman, Jackie Gleason, Peter Ustinov, Charles Laughton, Robert Morley, among many others say hi. :rolleyestf:

From Roy's rather mild and innocuous question, it's been concluded he's fat and miserable, took all the fun out this season, ruined a prom, and that's probably just the tip O the iceburg.

From Roy's rather mild and innocuous question, it's been concluded he's fat and miserable, took all the fun out this season, ruined a prom, and that's probably just the tip O the iceburg.

All that's left on this thread is for someone to come in here and start singing Kansas songs.

If this was supposed to be some kind of an allegory I think it will probably be misinterpreted.

The Allegory of (Being Unable to Squeeze into) the Cave?

I think this organization, as currently constructed, is much better equipped to handle the year-to-year turnover than it has been in a long time. It might be a long time before we see an O's team with an 8 game lead in mid-August, but I am confident that this will remain a competitive team for years to come.

Also, as everyone else says, enjoy the ride. This is fun, ain't it?

We have come a long way:

You know, looking back at that video the rangers kind of pissed me off. I know you can't really run the score up in baseball, like you can in football. But they certainly tried that night. Only one player came off the bench in that game.

Roy, just some constructive input, so take it for what it's worth. I think the meat of the post is perfectly fine. It's your opening premise of "Enjoy this while it lasts" that rubs people the wrong as it implies we will not be good and/or be able to make adjustments from losing certain players. A lot of us have become accustomed with your style in this way, even find it humorous, but a lot just see it as a constant negative tone.

I know he doesn't mean to but Roy often times comes off like this guy...

feee7c0adaa57e5718aaeab4e139ef39.jpg

Face it. With Free Agency looming, the Orioles will potentially lose Hardy, Markakis, Cruz(almost for sure), Delmon Young, Nick Hundley and Andrew Miller. We can't sign and pay everyone. This team will be dramatically different next year. The question is, who would you MOST hate to lose? For me, its Hardy, then Nick Markakis, then Miller. But lets not kid ourselves, Cruz and Young were BOTH major offensive contributors and both figure to be gone next year.I think we are looking at the end of a short "era".We'll have the pitching and perhaps Bundy will join the staff, but things will be very different. Who do you most hate to see leave?

Geez man. Roy, i am sure you are a great contributor, BUT right NOW i just want to sit back and enjoy the moment!

Why can't we just enjoy what's going on right now, live it up a minute, it has been almost 20 years since we have been in this position.

We are number 1 in the division, by a LONG shot, right now we have the 2nd best record in baseball....stop worrying about next year.

Maybe we will BETTER next year! You don't know, i don't know, and no one here knows.

Enjoy today!

I think this organization, as currently constructed, is much better equipped to handle the year-to-year turnover than it has been in a long time. It might be a long time before we see an O's team with an 8 game lead in mid-August, but I am confident that this will remain a competitive team for years to come.

Also, as everyone else says, enjoy the ride. This is fun, ain't it?

We have come a long way:

Wow, I vaguely remember this game but had no idea it was actually only 5-3 going into the 6th. I love the fact that there was anyone at all left in the stands.

Wow, I vaguely remember this game but had no idea it was actually only 5-3 going into the 6th. I love the fact that there was anyone at all left in the stands.

Actually, unless I looked at it wrong (could have been 5th inning when video started?) the Orioles were winning 3-0.