OriolesManiac88

Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

In fairness, athletes, like any other person, are entitled to their own medical care, not MLB contracted employees who are not treating them and are employed by the workplace for monitoring purposes. MLB can certainly ban certain drugs or substances it deems are not appropriate for their workplace, however,there would seem to always have to be the need for individual exceptions and reviews. If the individual can't function in their workplace due to a medical condition not being treated (because the drug is banned), it would seem that the Americans with Disabilities Act may have relevance to the situation. Just like other workplace related medical/health issues, it can

be a very complicated situation. I hope it all works out well for Chris in terms

of his health and his career.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure there are procedures and processes in place. Probably clear ones. Maybe Davis could have sued under ADA. Lets not mitigate the fact that Davis took the lazy way out.

I have been a BIG Chris Davis fan. Even in his struggles this season, I continually said what a good guy he is and a fan friendly player. I also believe in forgiveness and second chances. But it just REALLY stings when someone openly and knowingly cheats the game, and puts his teammates in a bad situation.

If Jeter did this, or Pedroia, or Batista, or Longoria, we would be KILLING them, so lets not just look the other way because this cheater has an Orioles uniform on.

I'll forgive him quickly and move on, but I sure hope this doesn't have a negative effect on his teammates and on our quest for a Championship this season!

I would be killing them. I am glad Hardy is back.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure there are procedures and processes in place. Probably clear ones. Maybe Davis could have sued under ADA. Lets not mitigate the fact that Davis took the lazy way out.

Like other complicated issues, I don't have enough information to judge and will

wait to see if more facts come to light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also...Troy Patton, Gamboa...how many guys does it take to get busted before the Orioles crack down internally? The Orioles should have had a team meetings with every team in the organization to tell them they better get the exemption.

Let me check the banned substance list for posters.

Scotch better not be on that list - I do my best posting with a glass of scotch!!! ;)

Move on. Forget about him and play with what we have. I non-tender him as well. Done.

13-man batting:

1. Markakis, L, RF

2. Young/De Aza, R/L, DH/LF

3. Jones, R, CF

4. Cruz, R, DH/LF

5. Pearce, R, 1B

6. Hardy, R, SS

7. Flash/Johnson, L, 3B

8. Schoop, R, 2B

9. Joseph/Hundley, R, C

Bench: Lough, L, OF

To the fans saying "we're done" and then getting upset at the reactions because they are just being realistic: There's a difference between saying, "The Orioles have no hope now" and "This is going to be hard, the Orioles don't have much hope now".

No one on this board thinks everything will be fine without Davis, Machado, Wieters etc. But many of us feel we still have a chance. If the team has overcome this much, why can't they overcome a little more with the depth and drive of this team?

Move on. Forget about him and play with what we have. I non-tender him as well. Done.

You are tough. Seems like we're in a great position for next years arbitration hearing.